Active Topics

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
How to make the most of community feedback. A discussion session with a very interactive setting where Maemo Devices product managers and top bugs.m.o and brainstorm.m.o contributors can understand better each other and set higher levels of collaboration.

1h in big room? Like a real pannel?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
How to make the most of community feedback. A discussion session with a very interactive setting where Maemo Devices product managers and top bugs.m.o and brainstorm.m.o contributors can understand better each other and set higher levels of collaboration.

I think we need a "community" (i.e., maemo.org) oriented session for this too -- only 25-minutes, though.

Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qgil View Post

I definitely would like to see a interactive panel at the summit, probably with some introductory topics, but after this totally open to the audience (with some moderation of course).

In terms of the composition of the panel, I would say:

* Maemo Devices PM
* Council member
* Developer
* Power User

Last edited by VDVsx; 2009-06-13 at 23:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Would there be a chance for the presentations to be streamed live using WebEx or a similar tool?

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Would there be a chance for the presentations to be streamed live using WebEx or a similar tool?
If wifi is available then we have the possibility of a live stream though stickam or qik. I have a nice 'HD' quality webcam (Logitech 9000 pro) that can sit on top of my laptop in front of the speaker although a more professional solution would be preferable.

Last edited by Baloo; 2009-06-15 at 19:05.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
If wifi is available then we have the possibility of a live stream though stickam or qik. I have a nice 'HD' quality webcam (Logitech 9000 pro) than can sit on top of my laptop in front of the speaker although a more professional solution would be preferable.
I can't help dreaming... Wouldn't it be nice...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
If wifi is available then we have the possibility of a live stream though stickam or qik.
There would also be a need for either an alternate, dedicated Internet link for the presentations or a traffic shaping setup to protect the presentation streams' upstream bandwidth. There's likely few venues in the world that would find themselves with surplus bandwidth when invaded by 350+ geeks wielding at least one WiFi device each.

While I couldn't bring much of my webcasting gear were I sponsored again, a TVOne CS-320 scan converter is certainly small enough to pack along. It will convert VGA to composite, Y/C, and RGBS, should anyone have gear that will take matters from there.

EDIT: Beyond the scan converter, I may be able to help out by bringing other small gear. I have an assortment of converters, adapters, and the like at work, and I could probably get permission to bring some of it. Wireless mics might be a problem, as I suspect the permitted frequencies are quite different, but I'd have to check.

Anyway, I'd like to help out if I can. Further discussion of recording & streaming the presentations might be better as a separate thread though.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-06-30 at 13:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
In light of recent developments, one more request: ConnMan.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Makes a lot of sense but this has to come from a Nokia employee. I feel this has a lot to do with Maemo.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Is the Content Committee going to decide which proposed sessions should go to the schedule (and get the speakers) or how should we proceed with the proposals in this thread?

Tags
summit