Active Topics

Just a note about PSP screen protectors : they are the correct size, but as the PSP doesn't have a touchscreen, not always the correct thickness. I bought a pack (of admittedly very el-cheapo ones) that were so thick that the touchscreen digitizer didn't respond at all any more. I ended up reusing them for a lot of other stuff (like my mp3 and camera screens) but also bought a Brando specifically made for the 770 :-)

Originally Posted by Tr1gg3R View Post
As for screenprotectors...

I currently use a Brando UltraClear screenprotector on my Nokia 770.

Link to the Brando shop: http://shop.brando.com.hk/
Is it really worth $13/piece for these? I usually paid somewhere between $10 and $20 for an entire package of screen protectors for my Palm. Are these reusable or something??

So the 770 screen size is exactly the same as that from the N800? And therefor it is save to order the 770 brand screen protector for the N800?
Can any one confirm this via specs or measuring if you happen to have them both.
Would appreciate it! Thanks.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Cupertino, CA
Another confirmation that screen protectors for PSPs work fine...

I picked up a "Pelican for Sony PSP Screen Guard" package at Fry's today, and they're working fine. The height is an exact fit, and the width is about 5mm more than the N800's screen. They're easy to trim with a pair of scissors (although a straight-edge and razor is probably more foolproof). Since there's a slight gap between the device's screen and case, you can hide any imperfection in your cut out of sight.

I can't detect any difference in the touch sensitivity. I fiddled around with the Sketch program and 1-pixel brush, that worked just as before.

Now I'll just have to see how well they hold up to use.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Geneva,Switzerland
Nintendo DS Lite hard case is a perfect fit. Its only for 7.50 Swiss Francs (CHF).

Any recommendations for a anti-glare/reflective protector?

Thanks,

Cecil

Originally Posted by bobpaul View Post
Is it really worth $13/piece for these? I usually paid somewhere between $10 and $20 for an entire package of screen protectors for my Palm. Are these reusable or something??
Yes, these can be removed and washed and replaced.
There are two basic types of screen protectors: 1) The type where you get a set of adhesive protectors that you replace when they get scratched (which they get easily - the SD card in my Palm leather jacket SD pocket would scratch the screen protector), and 2) The removable/washable type, where you get maybe just a single one in the packet and you still pay as much as for a set of the other type.
I've got both types for my Palm PDAs, although I haven't actually tried to install the second type yet. It's still in the drawer (and it's too small for the N800 ;-)

I am using Screenguardz film protectors made specifically for the N800 screen.
Can order them from screenguardz.com and they are $9.99 for about 14. They are not sticky but adhere to the screen very well and come with a card applicator to rub them down.

I should add now that (as I mentioned in another thread) I've now tried one of those reusable screen protectors on my N800, and that was not a success. I think it's because the N800 screen is a bit soft, compared to the stiff protector. I'm guessing that the thinner, adhesive type may work better for this screen.

Originally Posted by oceans777 View Post
I am using Screenguardz film protectors made specifically for the N800 screen.
Can order them from screenguardz.com and they are $9.99 for about 14. They are not sticky but adhere to the screen very well and come with a card applicator to rub them down.
I just bought a set. $9.99 for 15. They're giving free shipping for a short time, too! Thanks for the tip!