Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Kate, don't let those grumpy few get you down. This project is awesome and your work is much appreciated. Thank you :-)

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Great APP!

Where can i get the .deb install file?? Then i will buy an AR-Drone!! I want this on my N900! Not on my iphone/ipod,ipad or these devices are called from the fruit company...Video looks very promising, very geeky also, i never heard of this AR-Drone,saw this only in movies....
N900 Rocks! What can't you do with it??

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
thanks for the link, a co-worker does not want to believe that my n900 can do things like AR_Drone same as the iPad can do....hahahaha!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Thalass View Post
And thanks for the comments about Nokia and Maemo. It makes me happy knowing my phone will be useful for a while yet!
there are PLENTY of example showing that maemo5 and n900 is not dead. most is ofcourse because QtQuick also there is an alpha version qt-components (meego handset UI on n900) in extras-devel. apt-get install qt-components-dev. then we have a unofficial qtmobility 1.1 apt-get install libqtm11

However dont know who maintaining qt-components on maemo cause when I checked git repository there is even more new goodies for the testers soo the deb file is kinda outdated but this is probadly cause qt-component/qtquick is progressing verfy fast now

so too be honest the feature of maemo/meego is promising atleast for the developers. but hw based products based on meego well we have probadly havee too wait atleast a halfyeaar more. but this does not mean app developers should just stop develop. Cause prof is we have qt/quick!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-01-06 at 13:10.

Originally Posted by kate View Post
In real MeeGo Handset you can have two multitouch joysticks but in N900 you should use acceleration sensor for 2nd input. It is just not finished in this software version and mostly because there is some other issues with drone i have. There is already in config page option
for enabling acceleration sensor and other code will be there soon.

Kate
Hi,thx to your work I was able to play with my drone for two weeks now. I am using it with my N900 on fremantle but with nessesary qt libraries, it took some time to figure it out without meego but it works! :-)

my suggestions are using keyboard to rotate and change atitude and when sensors on it could be used with a keyboard too becouse now it happens to me that sometimes i loose or gain hight while holding the right joystick when using accelerometer.
another thing there could be a switch to have a picture in picture for example to have the bottom camera in the corner of the screen.(it happend to me while i was controlling my drone with n900 my friend tried to connect with his notebook to see the videostream too but by accident he switched something and in my mardrone app i saw both camera views ! crazy expereince and i would like to have it as a feature. And maybe an attitude limiter off switch would come handy, I want to try fly out of the window without hitting the ceiling :-)
ps i put here my first test flight and again, thx for your work and kind support of old n900, I hope more people will appreciate this app.

regards Eddie

Could you write a quick guide to installing the ARdrone control software on Fremantle? Please

As you wish, first I installed almost everything from repositories what was named with qt, so QT components examples , and I believe QTquick , than from Katies garage page i downloaded last deb version of mardrone https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...5d37c11d6c24e9 (the last item in the list) and copied it to my memory , opened via file manager and installed. A new icon appeared in my menu Mardrone before lunching the app, first connect to your drone, and than lunch the app. I have sometimes issues to take of after crash, sometimes it helps to turn emergency on and of and than press fly, sometimes i have to restart the app. Hope it helps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lieronet For This Useful Post:
The AR-Drone is to expensive and to big and not beautiful.

With the n900 you can do much smarter things:

There are now helicopters for about 60$.
They are very smart and can fix location and speed direction and orientation.

Some of them are controlled by infrared.

Now you can fix the n900 to such a helicopter (protected by a ruber construction!)

Then you can use a laptop to control the helicopter.
(The laptop communicates with the n900 by wifi-tethering on the n900. The n900 controls the helicopter by infrared.)

Originally Posted by gerdich View Post
The AR-Drone is to expensive and to big and not beautiful.

With the n900 you can do much smarter things:

There are now helicopters for about 60$.
They are very smart and can fix location and speed direction and orientation.

Some of them are controlled by infrared.

Now you can fix the n900 to such a helicopter (protected by a ruber construction!)

Then you can use a laptop to control the helicopter.
(The laptop communicates with the n900 by wifi-tethering on the n900. The n900 controls the helicopter by infrared.)
well this topic is about drone, and while it is big , expensive dont forget noisy, but it is beautifull, just change the shell.
And there is no such helicopter under 100 that would easily take N900 onboard... not infrared for sure. While drone is expensive it provides quite some capabilities, It has two cameras, wifi, small ftp and you it can be programed for object following etc without risking damage to my N900 and it can take some punishment itself.
Drone isnt an ordinary helicopter or just a toy for kids one has to try to get the feeling of fun and "telepresence"

I didn't want to hurt your feelings for the drone.

I was one of the first who saw it flying. (My neighbour had bought one)

I asked him if it worked with n900.
He replied that it was only for iPhone.
But I already knew that one time it would work with n900.

The Drone IS a toy for kids.
It doesn't fly very far and very high and the battery was at its end after my neighbour showed it to me.

Tags
drone, qt quick