Active Topics

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
DX does have a battery that users say has the same capacity as the original battery, and it's a little bit cheaper than that stupid fake battery that i bought from e_cell.

link:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32398

sidenote:
DX sells many cheap battery's and most of them are about half the capacity of the original battery... but of course the price is all so very low...
It really depends on the battery. If you're talking about this one => http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22691. The answer is yes, That's fake. But not all cheap battery are fake. Japod and Pisen can be trusted.

Reference:
Japod => www.japod.net
Pisen => www.pisen-store.com

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
funny until your 600 bucks phone explodes........
Why should it explode, 2200mAh has a smaller change off failing since the charge rate will go to 0.3C instead of 0.6C for a 1320mAh battery.

My home made design is probably going to include a separate charge plug so i can charge the homemade battery at 1C so it should only take a little over an hour to fully charge from flat.
On my chargers i can set the charge current manually.

I found another battery for nokia 5800 plus back casing 2400mah

http://translate.google.com/translat...asp%3Fid%3D698

Originally Posted by jpurnomosidi View Post
It really depends on the battery. If you're talking about this one => http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22691. The answer is yes, That's fake. But not all cheap battery are fake. Japod and Pisen can be trusted.

Reference:
Japod => www.japod.net
Pisen => www.pisen-store.com
Yes thats true and i did not imply that all there battery's from DX are fake, i have bought MANY battery's from DX over the years and most of them are legit.

I found another battery for nokia 5800 plus back casing 2400mah

http://translate.google.com/translat...asp%3Fid%3D698
Hehe the battery from DX will work in the 5800 than.
You can see that the pins are "lifted" where in the N900, they go into the phone.

But you can still use a BL-5J battery in both phones.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I bought 2 Japods from DX and I'm very happy with them.
They are not the advertised 1350 mAh but they are very close. Value for money they are super.

I use them together with my original Nokia one and can't really feel the difference in battery runtime. So I would certainly recommend the Japod.

Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
I bought 2 Japods from DX and I'm very happy with them.
They are not the advertised 1350 mAh but they are very close. Value for money they are super.

I use them together with my original Nokia one and can't really feel the difference in battery runtime. So I would certainly recommend the Japod.
i think i will buy one of the Japod battery's all so, it is nice to have a backup battery.
And it's less than 9$!!!

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
i think i will buy one of the Japod battery's all so, it is nice to have a backup battery.
And it's less than 9$!!!
Don't forget desktop wall charger for BL-5j

Or other solution using external battery.
I have proporta usb turbo charger 3400 in my backpack so i can recharge while travelling

Last edited by jpurnomosidi; 2010-10-21 at 09:37.

Don't forget desktop wall charger for BL-5j

Or other solution using external battery.
I use proporta usb turbo charger 3400 in my backpack so i can recharge while travelling
Thats a solution to.
I found that you can charge the N900 with "low voltage", i connected a Lipo battery directly trough the mini USB and it charged the phone , i will test how low voltage it can charge from this way.
The battery was at 4.1V and it was a 2000mAh battery.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
When will some people learn it? A battery isn't some sort of magical balloon. Why would Nokia artificially limit the capacity of their batteries if they could squeeze 75% more capacity in there without adding weight or space? Because a cellphone with a battery that goes flat fast would be good advertising?

Your brains. Use them.