Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia should have stuck with Maemo and optimized it till it was smooth and fluid like iphone OS. Jumping from maemo to Meego and giving us the same jerky and uncool UI tells me that NOKIA is NOT a software company. Meego was supposed to be the 6th itineration of their vision, and they still COULD NOT get it right. There is only ONE conclusion buds. NOKIA was good while competition sucked. When competition decided to enter the cellphone world because of many benefits that became clear (GOOGLE, APPLE), NOKIAs weaknesses were exposed. NOKIA is NOT a software company. It could not handle the competition, and ever more complicated optimization necessary to run the beautiful, fluid, eye catchy and seamless UI. So NOKIA had to chose to work with a software company. Perhaps they chose wrong, only time will tell.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
You are never going to get good apps with NOKIA. There is no money in NOKIA apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Nokia should release more smartphone devices with Windows 3.1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Jumping from maemo to Meego and giving us the same jerky and uncool UI tells me that NOKIA is NOT a software company.
Mine's pretty smooth. Other people have had issues here and there, but you're the only person I've seen on TMO who reports shaky Harmattan UI in every third post. Perhaps your hand is just shaking? I don't know if there's some good reason why your hand would be shaking, so it would be wrong of me to make fun of you.

Nokia could not handle the competition, and ever more complicated optimization necessary to run the beautiful, fluid, eye catchy and seamless UI.
I don't get it. What is so wrong with your N9? Did you buy your "N9" from a guy in a van down at the market who was also selling totally legit Nike Air Jordans? Does it take AA batteries, perhaps?

So NOKIA had to chose to work with a software company. Perhaps they chose wrong, only time will tell.
No, they didn't have to work with a software company; they just chose to. As they're a publicly traded company, you won't need to be able to tell the time, just watch the stock price. How much remains of the "year to get it right" which you are so graciously permitting Elop? Race to the bottom!

OK, back to work...

Last edited by shallimus; 2012-05-22 at 19:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Mine's pretty smooth. Other people have had issues here and there, but you're the only person I've seen on TMO who reports shaky Harmattan UI in every third post. Perhaps your hand is just shaking? I don't know if there's some good reason why your hand would be shaking, so it would be wrong of me to make fun of you.

I don't get it. What is so wrong with your N9? Did you buy your "N9" from a guy in a van down at the market who was also selling totally legit Nike Air Jordans? Does it take AA batteries, perhaps?

No, they didn't have to work with a software company; they just chose to. As they're a publicly traded company, you won't need to be able to tell the time, just watch the stock price. How much remains of the "year to get it right" which you are so graciously permitting Elop? Race to the bottom!

OK, back to work...
N9 may be good for you and me. As an objective observer, however, and owning three N9s that behave the same, and comparing it to my iphone 4s, Lumia 800, N9 has by far the worst optimization. It stutters and it can not compare to how smooth iphone and Lumia are. I do like the n9 for the simplicity and it works great on T-mobile here in the States. However, N9 is not for the masses. It just doesnt cut it when it comes to fluidity and overall feel.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
N9 may be good for you and me. As an objective observer, however, and owning three N9s that behave the same, and comparing it to my iphone 4s, Lumia 800, N9 has by far the worst optimization. It stutters and it can not compare to how smooth iphone and Lumia are. I do like the n9 for the simplicity and it works great on T-mobile here in the States. However, N9 is not for the masses. It just doesnt cut it when it comes to fluidity and overall feel.
Could you please post a video of how laggy your n9 (s) really are? And I don't mean some promo or other users device, but your own personal n9!

Really, you keep telling us about how bad your user experience is but I do not believe I have ever seen one post from you asking how to resolve these problems you have. You never know maybe a member of the boards could recognise what is causing your issues? If you are not interested in having your problems resolved, then quit banging on about it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
You are never going to get good apps with NOKIA. There is no money in NOKIA apps.
In terms of revenue Ovi was bigger than Android Marketplace and it was growing fast too right up until Elop tore up the MeeGo/Symbian/Qt roadmap.

QtCreator was only in beta at that point in time too so it's highly likely that success would have accelerated once the better developer tools were officially released.

If you're correct that there is now no money to be made from creating apps for NOKIA then that's another disaster visited on them by Elop's incompetence (sabotage?).

Instead of going with Android, Nokia should have had invested more into Marketing and improving the OS to a point where its Android looks smaller!

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
In terms of revenue Ovi was bigger than Android Marketplace and it was growing fast too right up until Elop tore up the MeeGo/Symbian/Qt roadmap.
If you're correct that there is now no money to be made from creating apps for NOKIA then that's another disaster visited on them by Elop's incompetence (sabotage?).
How about you support your claims with numbers, as this seems a copy of tomiahonens blogspams. Ovi might have had good results in numbers of apps sold, considering it was covering some 20+ handsets and Nokia did have a vast share of phones out there. For developers it was a nightmare that they dropped at a tip of a hat for solidified iOS experience (no more looking for 20*x people to test if it works at all, one test - works? we promote to PROD). And yes, there was no money in creating apps for Nokia, as QA/support swallowed all that awesome money you speak of without quoting figures. People who paid even 1$ expected a working app, fragmentation of Nokia's marketplace prepared the floor for its demise. Elop wasn't even around back then.

nokia should close this thread

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:

Tags
just shoot me, lumiaidiot