Active Topics

There are some good ideas in this thread about buying adapter mounts to work with the holder that ships with the N810 (ie the Nokia HH-12, best buy, ProClip, etc). However, I was just trying out the N810 car holder for the first time, and this thing scares me.. its not that easy to insert the N810 into it, and it looks like it will scratch the unit if you are not careful.

I thought I would try it out and perhaps go to Best Buy to see if they had a suction cup mount that might work with it, but after seeing how hard it is to insert and remove, I think I am just going to buy a completely different mount, such as the Arkon CM910.

Another thing that isn't that great with the stock N810 holder, is that you can't swivel it to the left or right without using a special screwdriver to loosen the locking jaws on the little bracket.

Not a very good design IMO!

Originally Posted by morrison View Post
its not that easy to insert the N810 into it, and it looks like it will scratch the unit if you are not careful.

Another thing that isn't that great with the stock N810 holder, is that you can't swivel it to the left or right without using a special screwdriver to loosen the locking jaws on the little bracket.

Not a very good design IMO!

When it came to possibly scratching my Nokia using the CR-89 holder, I thought that would be the case in the beginning because I was concerned of bending the plastic back too far that it might break in order to slip the N810 into it, but after doing it a few times and realizing that the plastic is strong and flexible and loosens up a bit, the Nokia N810 slips right in without any risk of damage or scratching.

I use mine with the HH-12 and once it's screwed into the Cr-89 holder, it swivels just fine using the HH-12 dials and only takes a few seconds to be positioned where you want it.....No fuss, no bother.

Also, just to add, the suction is pretty impressive from Nokia's mount. The HH-12 should have been included from the get go from Nokia instead of that frankenstein nailing to your dash contraption that came with the N810 to begin with.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Nashville, TN
OK I still havent bought a mount, to mate with the plastic piece it came with. I do not want a suction. I already own a Garmin dashboard unit, (to mount my Garmin nuvi350) http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris10...n/photostream/

This is what I would really love. I found that suctions - in the sun - can degrade. And moving it from car to car becomes impossible.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Dallas Texas
I finally got my n810 mounted. This mount is metal and I bet I could do chin-ups on the thing!!

The screw holes on the Nokia mount line up with the mount. I need to run to the hardware store and get the right length screws (have some 1.25 inch screws on now, you can see one sticking out).
Its a Ram Mount and is very over-kill for the n810. Its very easy to adjust with the 1 screw letting you move the whole thing freely.
I let them talk me out of what I was originally going to try, the smaller mount but I could not get the specs on the screw holes to see if they would just happily match the Nokia.
Its still a pain to get the n810 in and out of the cradle and now with the windshield adding to the struggle. I am almost considering snipping off the top clip. I think if I just resist the urge to flip the car, it will stay in there nicely.

I screwed the mount into my dash!

worked like a charm. and it's very secure.

but I drive a cheap car.

The Following User Says Thank You to MattZTexasu For This Useful Post:
I am trying to get the N810 car holder hooked up to the HH-12 and realise i require a screw of some sorts. Who supplies this screw ?
Thanks
c

All the screws should be in your N810 package as far as I remember.

The HH-12 is very good by the way.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I am trying to get the N810 car holder hooked up to the HH-12 and realise i require a screw of some sorts. Who supplies this screw ?
Thanks
c
Is it the screw, or the hole for the screw your looking for. If you remove the little piece of rubber/plastic in the middle of the holder that says "Nokia" you will see how you connect piece that holds onto the tablet with the piece that connects to it.