Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by technut View Post
You can close the download dialog and the download will still continue.
Yes, and you (well, not *you* technut ) can check the download status by verifying on the menu / tools / Download (guess this is the right translation from italian)

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
I thought my eyes were going with the font size on the new os browser!

can you lt me know how you change the font size and the d-pad function?
About changing the font size, I follow these instructions and works fine (I've set a value of 15 instead 20).
Regarding the d-pad config, I think you need to hack registry but no sure. Is not as easy as with Opera.

Last edited by akd; 2008-01-02 at 15:21.

Originally Posted by flareup View Post
can you lt me know how you change the font size and the d-pad function?
Easiest way to get page up/down is to install http://timeless.justdave.net/maemo/m...updown-0.1.deb

That will make all the config changes for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to dblank For This Useful Post:
I noticed that my connection hangs a lot --- I don't know if its microB or something else because the same thing used to happen with Opera in OS2007.

Sometimes, I try to go to a site and it just says "connecting". The bar goes back and forth smoothly... like it doesn't stop for a split second to let me know that it is doing something. Even if I hit the green "go" button again, I get nothing. So, I have to disconnect and reconnect --- then, walah! The page comes up immediately.

Like I said, I don't know what's causing it --- I do know that it happens on both my broadband and tethering connection.

P.S. I have not done any restores from backup.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Originally Posted by dblank View Post
Easiest way to get page up/down is to install http://timeless.justdave.net/maemo/m...updown-0.1.deb

That will make all the config changes for you.
Works like a charm!..thanks

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ San Miguel de Allende, MX
Gee, is this a coincidence, but WFMU is playing Kraftwerk's 'I program my own computer' as I began to write this! Anyway...
I was hoping there was a browser alternative. but I guess not under 2008. Microb is mostly impressive except I really dislike its freezing, essentially, until EVERY LAST element of a page is loaded. Sick of being stuck at, like, 'Loading 499/500'!
Also, there seems to be no caching whatsoever. Each page, even the last one accessed, must completely reload from scratch!

Last edited by xandor; 2008-01-26 at 17:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to xandor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
I noticed that my connection hangs a lot --- I don't know if its microB or something else because the same thing used to happen with Opera in OS2007.

Sometimes, I try to go to a site and it just says "connecting". The bar goes back and forth smoothly... like it doesn't stop for a split second to let me know that it is doing something. Even if I hit the green "go" button again, I get nothing. So, I have to disconnect and reconnect --- then, walah! The page comes up immediately.

Like I said, I don't know what's causing it --- I do know that it happens on both my broadband and tethering connection.

P.S. I have not done any restores from backup.

Totally agree!!!! I have had the same problem. Drove me nuts. After a STOP request or a re-enter it would then pop up the full page. In frustration and newbie trial and error, I reinstalled the whole darn OS, pissed me off, and started completely from scratch with no former info or files. I also totally ditched the 'ad-blocker' program....and I must say while there are still some hangs etc , they are greatly reduced without it. ( my wife's unit still has it and it may well be the problem, but I don't really know). That said I will also affirm my connection is a good high speed and the problem only occurs on the tablets.

My experience is that sometimes microbs configuration gets messed up and causes freezes. In that case delete the .mozilla folder and .browser file.

I posted some tips for tweaking Microb in this thread.. Maybe it doesn't solve this particular problem but it makes browsing a tad faster.

Also for adblocking you could use privoxy and/or hosts and usercontent.css file (search the forum for it).

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Georgia, USA
What I thought was a problem with MicroB on my N800 turned out to be a problem with OS2008s aggressive power save setting for WiFi. My router at home couldn't handle having the tablet's signal cut off so much and wasn't holding a good link. Everything else on my network was running well so it didn't look like a network issue.

I went to connection manager, manage connections, selected advanced, went to the 'other' tab, and reduced Power Save Mode to intermediate from high. Browsing is now a pleasure.

The Following User Says Thank You to BillC For This Useful Post: