Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, works. However i compiled Synergy clean from Debian, and it turns out it is not very usable - Hildon Desktop is not registering some clicks, so mine is no go. I'm back to the other thing i was doing, so no further tests from me

EDIT: I was thinking of a more friendly version of qsynergy, which can enable the cursor on synergy start and disable it on stop (with X restart), dunno how to restore hildon desktop properly though.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-09-28 at 22:02.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ localhost
As written earlier in this thread,

The problem is caused by the N800 giving priority to pressure information rather than remotely-input mouse clicks. This can be circumvented by disabling pressure information usage, by running the device X server with XInput protocol/extension disabled.

To do this, modify the file /etc/init.d/x-server by adding the option "-extension XInputExtension" to the end of the ARGS="...." string, preceded by a space, and then rebooting the device.

(I did this by copying the file to the home directory, editing it with vi and copying it back.)

Eero warns: "Note that if you make a mistake and X server doesn't start, your device could end up in a reboot loop."
Do you have a .deb package or something you can upload? Would be great.

Last edited by Jessica of Starfall; 2008-09-28 at 22:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jessica of Starfall For This Useful Post:
http://maemobox.org/bundyo/synergy_1.3.1-2_armel.deb

I would prefer to have pressure info though...

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ localhost
I'm trying to restart X with a shell script, but I find killing random processes will not help. Once achieved, it should be easy to write a script to go in Synergy mode and back again.

Thanks for the package!

X can be restarted, no problem, restoring HildonDesktop is...

I've been loving this for a while, but I've got a really annoying problem: I can enable a visible cursor by commenting out the Inherits:transparent-cursor line, but a few minutes after rebooting, the cursor disappears again. This also happens when I install and enable an entirely different cursor theme, and even when I *replace* the files in the transparent theme with those of a non transparent theme.

THe weird thing is that in the main browser area of microb, the cursor is still visible, but in the toolbar area and in every other program, it's invisible.

Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
TTT, anyone know the solution to this? Same problem with both synergy and quicksynergy debs posted in this thread. Running the latest version of Diablo.
Same problem here... anyone got a solution please?
Cheers

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
I see some keyboard related issues.
Enter key from PC's shared keyboard is treated like thumb onscreen keyboard - I have to use keypad's enter instead.
Keymap - don't know what could I do to get my regional chars typed with alt modifier.

Does Synergy work now on OS2008 latest version.
Is there a "one button" install anywhere. I've never had the time to understand "red pill" modes, etc. Finally, does anything need to be installed on the PC?

Would VNC connection do everything that Synergy does? I have VNC working already.

microfab

Kinda. Requires some X hacks and doesn't work for long.
No.
Yes.

No.