Poll: Have you had troubles when power on your unit?
Poll Options
Have you had troubles when power on your unit?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Cadiz, Spain
No problems so far with my 10 days old n800.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by akd View Post
Bun: My only experience about programming was with my uncle's VCR in the 80's and was so bad that instead of recording outdoor shows he actually got XXX films recorded.
Ummmmmm..........Can I quietly ask you in private..........Does your uncle still have the tape?..........sSSH. Nevermind

bun

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Try this: take your stylus out to press to on/off switch. Do not release it after you have counted 1001 1002 1003 1004 (4 sec). If you see the LED flashing then you should be ok!

The Following User Says Thank You to nhanquy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Melfa, VA, USA
Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
Try this: take your stylus out to press to on/off switch. Do not release it after you have counted 1001 1002 1003 1004 (4 sec). If you see the LED flashing then you should be ok!
Well that's how Iboot my n800 the time, except for the stylus part. I hold the power button down until the screen lights up and it boots every time.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
I think the only thing the stylus gains you is a more postive pressing of the power button. That is not however a factor in wether the device boots or not. I do believe there is a time factor that you need to wait for the lights to come all the way (4 seconds). Ive seen some discussions about booting up with two quick presses being different than one long press, so that supports that it's significant.

This powerup issue is more complex than people not holding the power button down though. I've used mine for almost two months before I began to have the problem.

Originally Posted by TheGogmagog View Post
This powerup issue is more complex than people not holding the power button down though. I've used mine for almost two months before I began to have the problem.
I am afraid to say the problem is probably there since day 1, you simply did not turn it on/off frequent enough to notice. At least that is my feeling about my N800.

bun

So far, it is 50-50. The chance you are having problem is almost like flipping a coin. I think the magnitude of this problem is much larger than what people think.

bun

If it only refuses to turn on with a fully discharged battery and the charger plugged in, is that a problem or not?

Originally Posted by bilofsky View Post
If it only refuses to turn on with a fully discharged battery and the charger plugged in, is that a problem or not?
Yes, it is a problem.

Your tablet screen should be with something when it is plug in, either charging, Nokia logo, "your battery is full, please unplug to save energy", or whatever.

Did you vote, sir/madam? please help, thanks.

bun

I'm pretty sure that the reason why the n800 doesn't restart sometimes is due to the fact that when you power off it doesn't power off all the way when the screen's blackened. You have to wait until the entire system's down to repower it which there's no easy way of knowing unless you were playing a music application in which the sound turns off.