Notices

OK well, I give up. I can not make it stop moving forward when you click the mouse. It isn't set anywhere in the duke3d.cfg (that I can find) and yet it continues.

My next step I guess would be to delete every setting from the .cfg that I don't need and try that. (better make a copy first)

-John

And this I have done, there is nothing in the config except what is necessary for the controls I am using and it still runs forward when mouse aiming. I don't know where to go from here...

Last edited by tobiasj; 2008-02-28 at 16:29. Reason: throwing in the towel

it seems "" defaults to Move_Forward. I tried MouseButton0 = "Mouse_Aiming" and that stops the movement. Maybe you can bind it to something useless to stop it from doing anything.

If someone finds good settings for n800, please post the config. If people like it, I can replace the current default with it.

Last edited by ukki; 2008-02-28 at 16:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
it seems "" defaults to Move_Forward. I tried MouseButton0 = "Mouse_Aiming" and that stops the movement. Maybe you can bind it to something useless to stop it from doing anything.

If someone finds good settings for n800, please post the config. If people like it, I can replace the current default with it.
That does work, I think we will also have to add MouseAnalogAxes1 to the list of = "junk" because sometimes looking up and down will make you walk backwards and forwards.. not every time but once in a while..

Thanks!
-John

oops, actually, Mouse_Aiming, probably isnt a good one for me because it does toggle mouse aiming on and off, which is why sometimes it walks forward and back.... something NOT Mouse_Aiming is what I will need to put in there...

-John

I put "Enlarge_Screen" in there as a value for MouseButton0 and that seems to work great. Thanks for the help ukki!

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Just to confirm it works VERY well with the atomic version.
If anyone wants a DUKE3D.GRP to "try it out", PM me

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Amir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
I put "Enlarge_Screen" in there as a value for MouseButton0 and that seems to work great. Thanks for the help ukki!
I think I am going to set it for "Run" because thats a momentary run action and I like the screen down one from all the way enlarged. (see the stats and such) so I don't want that popping it back open that last step..

Thanks again, this just rocks..

-John

Duke Nukem 3D was a lot of fun at the end of the last century A friend of mine bought for me N800 from USA and I can't wait for him to bring it to me when he comes to our country. This port will be one of the first things to install on my IT.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Great port - great memories :-D

Hint: Some people do archive the necessary gamefile as duke3d.zip, with a size of about 20 MB for the atomic edition...

Wow this just rocks with my bluetooth keyboard. Now I've got to figure out dual mappings for both my bluetooth keyboard when it's attached and just the hard keys of the N800 when it's unattached. I've experienced some minor problems with mapping the top keys of the N800 ("-", full screen, "+") since those already seem to be hard coded in Duke for other functions (like message on and off, save game, and view all on and off) and I can't find a way to unmap them in the duke3d.cfg file. Maybe I'm just overlooking these key mappings. If anyone has suggestions, let me know. BTW, I know I can still map these keys with for example something else like jump, but it seems strange to jump and have Duke appear on the screen (since view all is turned on).