Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bay area, CA // Kampala, Uganda
It seems to me that whichever SD card I have selected (internal or external), it always saves podcasts to the external card...

EDIT - Nevermind, it just requires a restart of Canola and then it puts it in the selected location.
Sorry, false alarm.

Anyway, thanks for the great software and the consistent updates! It's always really exciting when there's a Canola update. It's like Christmas all over again!

Last edited by phutterman; 2008-04-05 at 05:08.

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Victoria, BC
No bookmark or resume feature appears to be in the works. I can't believe I'm the only person who wants to listen to audiobooks on the N800. I always thought it was a rather common activity.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Chrisak :

Paste URLs are you pasting the correct link (the .xml or .rss or .pls ) with full address?
Or you cannot even do the "paste" comand? The control+v on the keybord (n810) will not work. try closing the keyboard and doing with the on screen keyboard (theres a menu there then... paste)

Even with that: install Canola tuning. This will add the feed handler to your browser so you don need to control +C control +V on canola. Just add in right category.

Abou the Last.fm issue :
Does your password have NUMBERS or Signals on it? if so :

a, there's a bug on the input framework (outside of canola) that it seems to only work on GTK applications( work correctly). Inside Canola (non-gtk) application, the FN keys (the one you hold to type numbers, or that you touch twice to keep typing numbers / blue color symbols, doesn't work.. thus if you try entering numbers on your password it will probably fail.

b. Solution : use the onscreen keyboard or make sure you are entering numbers for sure with the FN key pressed the right way.

BR
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

@Joe : that point is not "you" on in the works. If you take a look at the forums, we still facing some basic playback challengers, and the priorities are set for the most requested features. Sorry but bookmark still on the list, but is not really a priority. The save position for podcast is a kind of simple bookmark and it's working but a full bookmark system, maybe will be left for a third party plugin : /

I really cannot commit the team for that now : / sorry

Marcelo

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
I can not even start canola after the update. I have uninstalled everything canola related and run the cleanup script. Even rebooted before and after the script and it still wont start. It just says “starting canola” then nothing happens.

adam : please, if you can, always provide more information so we are able to help you :

first thing to do is : run canola via Xterm with the -vvv option :

canola -vvvv

This will give us a hint on what happened, and we will be able to help you.

As far as the development goes, what we know today is that there's some alternative repositories out there for alpha-level applications that have dependencies needed by canola in totally different versions... this will let canola install but it will break it.

But this may not be your problem, so please send us the log!

Cheers

Marcelo

thanks! I forgot about the vvvv, i just tried v at first.

~ $ canola -vvvv
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/canola", line 225, in <module>
mger = Manager(options.config_file)
File "python-terra/core/singleton.py", line 26, in __call__
File "python-terra/core/manager.py", line 43, in __init__
File "python-terra/core/manager.py", line 54, in _setup_plugin_manager
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 91, in copy2
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 46, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/share/canola/plugins/plugins.pickle'
~ $

Handful, thanks for the reply... I'm using an n800, it's the paste command itself that doesn't work. I'm using onscreen keyboard/menu. I've tested quite a bit... I'll copy an url but it won't paste into canola. But if I switch right over tto something like notes, the paste wwill work. And I have no problems in any other app... so clipboard seeems ok. Of
course if I'm the only one witth the prolblem then I guess it must be my sys This problem existed with .07 and .06 but at some point over the last year it did work

edit... i've deciided to pass on the tuning app this time.

The lastfm thing is something odd.... i'm rying to sort iit out now reading past threads. Its all related to timezone. If I set clock/homee city to chicago then lastfm works. But then i'm houurs off. if i change back to correct time, lastfm won't logon :/

Last edited by chrisak; 2008-04-05 at 06:07.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
chrisak, try using not the small osk but the finger one the larger one that opens with the Dpad press, try that if that still doesn't do the trick then open the url via the web browser then after a few secs that the page is loading up the RSS feed your orange RSS icon (the one in the browser) should show up then click that and a few secs later it should give you the add this feed via Canola.

/usr/share/canola/plugins # ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Apr 4 23:02 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Apr 4 23:00 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 744324 Apr 4 17:21 canola-core.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 66574 Apr 4 17:22 canola-tube.zip
/usr/share/canola/plugins #

/home/user/.canola # ls -la
drwx------ 2 user users 0 Apr 4 23:05 .
drwxr-x--- 33 user users 0 Apr 4 23:15 ..
/home/user/.canola #