Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
My concern are the bold white text and white borders on plain black background. The missing paddings and the bold text on this small screen estate makes it very difficult to read.
what colors would you like, the dark theme is not set into stones on colors just make some suggestions. I could go back to the old minimalists gray and blue if you prefer. Or other colors.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I liked the old one more, but lets first hear what the others have to say.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2009-05-18 at 18:43.

I think there's room for the Post Title right next to user name and online status.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I think there's room for the Post Title right next to user name and online status.
Well I'm going to try and make minimalist work as a mobile theme as well to make the most people I can happy i'm sure if I tried to fit it there it will be to wide for mobile phones.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Here is some page load size statistics for you:

Maemo Style: 230049 bytes (100475 bytes JS)
Classic Light Style: 235619 (98376 JS)
Minimalist2 Dark Style: 116534 (94982 JS)

In other words, the size of JavaScript has not been reduced at all and now contributes >80% of the overall page size.

PS: Any way I can get access rights to create a mobile theme on my own? What is the procedure?
Now its 300k, but only 30k are actually loaded from the server and are additionally gzipped. Not very suitable for mobile phones, but okay for Maemo browsers. The size of the resources is not a problem, the actual run of the javascript code takes more time on slower devices.

Less requests may also help - like combining JS/CSS and using sprites.

EDIT: Ask Regie about the theming, but I doubt you will be able to remove all the javascript, maybe only a part of it.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2009-05-18 at 19:41.

every time I try and test using websiteoptimization.com it drops the &styleid=14 from the page i have it check, so its not checking minimalist theme for me using really checking the regular theme.

according to this site and another the minimalist theme is only 54kb http://www.linkvendor.com/seo-tools/...d-test,46.html

Bug in dark version (at least): "Viaspy" should be "Vaispy", or maybe even "iSpy". I don't have a clue what the "va" stands for, but the vaispy.php has the title "iSpy", and it'd save two characters!

Not a bug, per se, but I'm also having the unpleasantry of horizontal scroll on an N8x0 in portrait (=480px screen width) -- it'd be great if it could be fixed. It's the
Posts: 4,500 Thanks!: 1,329 Thanked: 1,617 Times in 1,007 Posts
line that throws it. If this could be arranged such that it could wrap onto two lines like
whenever there wasn't enough horizontal space, it'd be good -- the cells next to it are already multi-line in this case, so it doesn't cost vertical space to wrap. (Sorry, but I'm feeling too lazy right now to hack up an actual implementation plan. Obviously it can't be a one-row table like now; maybe two tables, styled with display = inline or something...)

(Actually, it could just be shortened -- as conceited as I am about all 4 stats being 4-digit , the t.m.o theme only shows posts and received thanks, which are the main things I expect people care about.)

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
every time I try and test using websiteoptimization.com it drops the &styleid=14 from the page i have it check, so its not checking minimalist theme for me using really checking the regular theme.
The key is to test it for the main page only, using

http://talk.maemo.org/?styleid=14

as the URL. Otherwise, it does drop the argument for some reason.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
according to this site and another the minimalist theme is only 54kb http://www.linkvendor.com/seo-tools/...d-test,46.html
Not really. It says that the data volume is 133.40 kB.