Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by talmage View Post

I might concede the point about battery life. If you leave the N800 in offline mode, the battery lasts for days. Once you turn on the WIFI, the battery has only hours. Compare that to most mobile phones. You can leave the things on for days and talk for eight or more hours. MIDs have to compete with that. MIDs need all-day WIFI.
Still surprises me when I see this, my n810 stays on with wifi as and skype and built in SIP registered for about 3 days with low usage and at least a full day to day and a half with a couple of skype calls made. If it really ran out of battery in a few hours I would sell it. Try buying a new OEM battery talmage.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Try buying a new OEM battery talmage.
talmage isn't the only one having issues with n800's battery life.Maybe the issue isn't the battery but something in the n800 itself (variances due to different batches maybe?).
Reportedly the n810 is better in this regard.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
@ Texrat, wow that article was amazing, it spoke volumes. Did you say you wrote that? well whom ever wrote it i say to you, well done, you should find a way to get that on a television segment or something for more ppl to see and become aware of. just from reading that would make someone want to learn more about these MIDs / NITs, thats exactly why they haven't taken off and you even go further to say how they could.

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-07-05 at 16:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalladin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I wrote the one at tabulacrypticum. Raiden wrote the original that inspired me. Credit where it's due.

When I worked at Nokia, I blogged internally on that subject many times (I was also directly instrumental in the US launch of the N800). Trust me, I made my feelings on this topic very well known. Just hard to fight corporate agendas... : /

Anyway, thanks!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by luca View Post
talmage isn't the only one having issues with n800's battery life.Maybe the issue isn't the battery but something in the n800 itself (variances due to different batches maybe?).
Reportedly the n810 is better in this regard.
quuick guess is that they are connected to routers with faulty powersave support...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Wow Texrat. Nice followup article. You ought to do some writing for us.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Wow Texrat. Nice followup article. You ought to do some writing for us.
Gotta feed mine first. You're welcome to reference or even republish anything though.

NP. All of our content, aside from mine, is user submitted, so you can submit articles on your schedule whenever it's most convenient for you.