Active Topics

Notices

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andyfrommk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
Im still alive and working on blender. Just wanted to give an update. Build optimizations really didn't help with the speed (as you can see in the video I made that andyfrommk posted). I've been writing an opengl -> opengles wrapper using the code the pocketblender author shared with me. I managed to get it to build, but many functions are missing and I've implemented them with pseudo code. So the results are strange at best. The short story is the interface runs better but segfaults randomly. Additionally not everything renders in the interface. Its taken this long to get a working build since I started implementing the opengles wrapper, but its actually looking promising. I will post another video as soon as I finish all the wrapper functions. Im having to learn opengl(es) on demand as I go along, so the road is long. If anyone has some expertise and thinks they can help me fill in some of these functions, please let me know.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shinkamui For This Useful Post:
Someone in another thread seems to want the software build of blender2.5alpha. Its not optified, nor packaged. Ill create an archive and put it on my website later tonight, then those who want to play with it can install it manually. I hope to have a faster build by the end of this weekend.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shinkamui For This Useful Post:
http://seanntiforo.info/files/blende...0100103.tar.gz (depreciated)
http://seanntiforo.info/files/blender-armel-n900.tar.gz
http://seanntiforo.info/files/blenderlibs.tar.gz

Extract the archives into /opt or something similar. You will need to install the dependencies yourself manually. Sorry it took this long, real life has been demanding lately. Ill try and package the next version soon. Right now my build environment is totally broken as Im trying to build gles support into the mesa gl headers.

[Edit]

Added second archive with all the deps. Extract both archives into /opt. If you do this, add /opt/blenderlibs to your /etc/ld.so.conf file and run an ldconfig as root. This should link the deps for your use without wasting precious root space. Enjoy the demo. This build is also corrected and removes the pulseaudio issue. Blender should be MUCH more usable now. Left the original link for those who want to play with that for some reason.

Last edited by shinkamui; 2010-02-23 at 05:32. Reason: added links and fixed content.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shinkamui For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
This is nice. I'm just sitting on my first Blender class

I'm watching this thread intently. Thanks for the work, and keep us posted.

2d

I untared it but could not install it (./configure , make and make install).
Could you please tell me how to install this file from the start. please!

pingu brudda, its already built for you All you need to do is untar it onto your phone, preferrably in /opt. Then run /opt/blender-armel-n900/blender. Make sure you have the dyn libs already installed on your system.

required:
libsamplerate
libgettext
libGL
libglu

Edited previous posts with links.

I untared the 2 last packages in opt but when I run "/opt/blender-armel-n900/blender" I get:

"/opt/blender-armel-n900/blender: error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

you also need openal. Even though its disabled in the second build, the library is still required. pupnik has a nice version in deb format. Search the forums you should find it. Or you could of course build your own.

I hope I haven't left anything else out. At some point I may package all of these libs and the blender package into debs for easy distribution. Right now I have too much work to do, and this is really not end user ready.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shinkamui For This Useful Post: