Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
if only there was such thing as mobile phones with d pads on one side of the screen and 2 buttons the other - it would be a killer phone for games.

and we all know how that little venture worked out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I see your point about wanting the function of a DPad for games. Look at the Droid. They almost had it, but they put the pad on the wrong side.

Last edited by maven1975; 2009-11-06 at 06:08.

Originally Posted by code177 View Post

and we all know how that little venture worked out.
Im taking about say the N920/iphone/N97 as examples (just putting am N82 style D pad on the bottom and two subtle buttons on the top).

The Ngage was a disaster from start to finish, inc software etc.

I still <3 my original n-gage

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
You seem to be overexcited about the gaming aspect.

I am sorry, but I have to say that the N900 is no specialized gaming console* -- if you want that, get the Pandora.

So my opinion is that you can expect something running slow on the Pandora to run slower (how much I don't know) on the N900. And, up so far, the N64 emulator runs _slow_ on the Pandora. So there may never be a usable N64 emu. You have been warned.**

*It's a kickass computer with a phone

**Ironically, I used to believe that there would be no good SNES emu on the N810
And you changed the world. Fun eh?

Currently dosbox on pandora gets just shy of 3000 cycles. Dosbox on N900 gets to around 1100. That is close to factor of three in terms of end-result emulation power on that particular app, given current builds. If you are interested in playable emulators...

N64: No
Dreamcast: No
DS: No
PSX: Depends

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post: