Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
YES YES YES get clearprotector.com coupon "MILITARY" 50% off

Originally Posted by Kevven View Post
My screen got scratched, and it pisses me off :P So if you love your device, i would recommend it =)

I wonder if i will be able to get a replacement screen/glass for the N900?..
I think you can replace the "glass" and it shouldn't be that expensive. For the Nokia 5800 it was around €15. However, as the N900 is so new, it might be hard to find spare parts.

I wonder if the screen protector is like the car seat protector. You end up having your seats material in pristine condition, but you never see them and you have been sitting on this awful protector all the time, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Yes, the screen in N900 will scratch in the long run and therefore the picture quality will suffer slightly. However, the screen protectors I have tried scratch much more easily and the picture quality will suffer quite considerably. Of course you could just keep changing the protector, but I feel that it will be eventually rather more expensive than simply have the "glass" replaced.

Well, that is at least my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
YES YES YES get clearprotector.com coupon "MILITARY" 50% off
So, how easy is it to read the screen through this clearprotector in sunlight?

Very easy. Havent had any problems with clearprotector.

It depends on how much of a perfectionist you are. If you want the unchanged experience then simply take care of it and don't use a screen protector.

No matter what you read, any screen protector will reduce sensitivity and clarity of the screen, depending on the material it's made of. The zagg for example is trash. It's so sticky you can hardly use the stylus or your finger, it collects dust like crazy and it reduces screen clarity.

IMO just use it as it was meant to be used and replace the touchscreen part if anything happens. It should be pretty cheap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megacrazy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
No matter what you read, any screen protector will reduce sensitivity and clarity of the screen, depending on the material it's made of. The zagg for example is trash. It's so sticky you can hardly use the stylus or your finger, it collects dust like crazy and it reduces screen clarity...
The Zagg might not be your thing but several of us on here are using it quite happily. Yes it affects the feel, as does ever protector but to say you can hardly use it is a bit steep. If you are having so many problems maybe you didn't apply it very well?

do resistive screens need a different screen protector?
because the durasec ones are awfully rubbery and they sorta suck real bad.

is the same type of screen protector that are used on standard phones okay as well?

I've applied two Zagg shields and both are perfectly fine, no problems with sensitivity. I'd rather lose a bit of functionality to keep the device in perfect condition but I haven't lost any so I'm happy.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
You might loose about 10% sensitivity with screen protector on. But yet 10% is worth of sacrificing for the sake of the screen and keep it functional for long term.

Depending on which screen protector you are getting, so far, ClearProtector and Zagg are pretty good. If you going to get the cheapies chinese made one then there wont be any guarantee. Both companies described above guaranteed that they will refund or replace if anything goes wrong with their product. Both company claimed to be used by the military helicopter and some other protection. Zagg is incredibly strong and tough. So I presumed that ClearProtector is living up to its name as well.

So in one week of ownership, I have been careful to always keep my phone alone in my right pocket without keys, coins or others things. Despite my care, there is one very small scratch - won't buff out. So today I ordered the Vikuiti 200 non-glare. Hope to have it soon, and I'll let you all know how applying it goes.