Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I don't think that fix does what you think it does. It sounds to me as though it'll just fix the issue with installed application icons sometimes not appearing until after a reboot (which is purely a cosmetic issue).
My update is still downloading (looks like the update server is hammered).

To test this just install a few apps then check your free space on your rootfs. If it keeps getting smaller with the more apps you install or update, it's not fixed. It it stays relatively the same it is fixed.

Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
konttori_nokia: kernel contains one fix, which is allowing HAM to trigger ubifs to higher compression level for the SSU update.
konttori_nokia: browser contains one fix, which is browser UA string to say that it's pr1.0.1 device.
konttori_nokia: GTK contains one fix, which is dropping the icon cache support.
konttori_nokia: application manager contains 37 fixes, mostly related to SSU stability
konttori_nokia: And a bit related to the new look of the app grid.
Heres the new Application Manager
My Download in the UK went sweet.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Milano
Anyone noticed that OVI Catalogue was added in this update??

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by rapante View Post
and does not necessarily intersect with the actual denotation of the word which for optified:

so optimized will only create further confusion
I do not mean this rudely or sarcilly, but i don't understand what you said.

I get that /opt is the optified area.... but optified isn't a word, at least not in any dictionary that i know. I'm assuming that only optimized apps should install in there.

I think the confusion is that they are being installed un-optimized in the /opt folder (Thus meaning the opt folder really is not an opt folder ,more a dump folder?!) - please correct me if i'm wrong!! - as it is highly likely!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by Au{R}oN View Post
Anyone noticed that OVI Catalogue was added in this update??
yup, sorry to burst your bubble, was noticed a whileago in this thread - presumably in preparation for the ovi store opening.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post

I get that /opt is the optified area.... but optified isn't a word, at least not in any dictionary that i know. I'm assuming that only optimized apps should install in there.

I think the confusion is that they are being installed un-optimized in the /opt folder (Thus meaning the opt folder really is not an opt folder ,more a dump folder?!) - please correct me if i'm wrong!! - as it is highly likely!
/opt is short for OPTIONAL I believe.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
What he means is that "optimised" (or "optimized" for our transatlantic cousins) already has an established meaning. It would generally indicate that the application has been tweaked for optimum performance.

An "optified" application, on the other hand, is merely one that installs most data to the /opt directory. Admittedly, it's an entirely made-up word, but it's also describing a (pretty much) entirely new phenomenon, so a new word is appropriate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Any visual improvements??

(video playback, smoothness while switching apps, desktop etc...,)

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
What he means is that "optimised" (or "optimized" for our transatlantic cousins) already has an established meaning. It would generally indicate that the application has been tweaked for optimum performance.

An "optified" application, on the other hand, is merely one that installs most data to the /opt directory. Admittedly, it's an entirely made-up word, but it's also describing a (pretty much) entirely new phenomenon, so a new word is appropriate.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! ok makes sense, don't agree with making up the word, but does make sense

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Milano
They removed the red-pill options!

The Following User Says Thank You to Au{R}oN For This Useful Post: