Active Topics

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
That's what's strange, I would have thought many more would have reported the same problem, unless people are using PixelPipe. I'm trying to post directly to Facebook, foregoing PixelPipe, which I have set up for when I want to post to multiple sites.

I'll try again now, and hope it's working.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
I have similar problems....

Via petrovich I can't upload to Facebook anymore - was fine before the recent updates. It starts uploading but then comes up with 'Transfer Error'

Via pixelpipe everything is fine.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Just tried again, only 8.88mb got through, so most of them did not post.
It's so annoying as I hardly posted to Facebook before getting the N900 which made it so easy to post hundreds at a time.

Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
I have similar problems....

Via petrovich I can't upload to Facebook anymore - was fine before the recent updates. It starts uploading but then comes up with 'Transfer Error'

Via pixelpipe everything is fine.
Sounds like my problem. Pixelpipe seems normal, direct to Facebook by either Petrovich or the standard sharing icon just stops it partway through. It's unintuitive to clear the failed downloads as well.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
That's what's strange, I would have thought many more would have reported the same problem, unless people are using PixelPipe. I'm trying to post directly to Facebook, foregoing PixelPipe, which I have set up for when I want to post to multiple sites.

I'll try again now, and hope it's working.
... aaaaaah ... are you not using pixelpipe? ... I thought the facebook service link used pixelpipe? ... you're not uploading direct to facebook are you?

Ok ... now I see the problem ... I've tried using the facebook sharing link and got exactly the same result as you ... so, sorry, but looks like you were right in your original suggestion that it's broken ... *is numpty* ... on the plus side tho, that means that pixelpipe is working ... and you could always use that to upload the pics ... just remove the automatic uploading on the sites you don't want to upload to, and make sure facebook is automatic, and you should be able to upload direct to facebook ...

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
ok I have just re validated my facebook account and now it works as it shoudl.

Go into settings, connectivity and sharing accounts. Select Facebook and it will ask for your FB password then validate it.

Mine works fine after doing this.

Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
... aaaaaah ... are you not using pixelpipe? ... I thought the facebook service link used pixelpipe? ... you're not uploading direct to facebook are you?

Ok ... now I see the problem ... I've tried using the facebook sharing link and got exactly the same result as you ... so, sorry, but looks like you were right in your original suggestion that it's broken ... *is numpty* ... on the plus side tho, that means that pixelpipe is working ... and you could always use that to upload the pics ... just remove the automatic uploading on the sites you don't want to upload to, and make sure facebook is automatic, and you should be able to upload direct to facebook ...
Just uploaded 25 pics (23.2mb) to Facebook via PixelPipe, so I doubt it's a problem with my WiFi. Perhaps Facebook has changed how pictures are uploaded? Or perhaps the Facebook updates recently has broken something?

Pixelpipe is great, but it's not as quick and easy switching off multiple streams on PixelPipe as it is to just select Facebook on the sharing. Luckily I only upload to 2 sites, but those who do a lot more won't find it much fun.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
ok I have just re validated my facebook account and now it works as it shoudl.

Go into settings, connectivity and sharing accounts. Select Facebook and it will ask for your FB password then validate it.

Mine works fine after doing this.
I tried that last night and the problem remained. I completely removed my FB account from sharing accounts and put it back in and still no joy. Perhaps you got lucky? Or I'm getting no luck.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... mine started working again after I re-activated ... when you pick facebook from the sharing list does it have your e-mail address underneth? ... mine didn't work when it wasn't there, but once I reactivated my e-mail address appeared and it seems to work fine now ...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I tried that last night and the problem remained. I completely removed my FB account from sharing accounts and put it back in and still no joy. Perhaps you got lucky? Or I'm getting no luck.
same situation here ! I can upload just files small than 300kb. if file is bigger - transfer error occurred ! before FW update everything was OK !