Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by nicholas_oh View Post
thanks gabby...
unfortunately still not working for me ><

my contact list shoot to 1k+ contact...
sigh.. i need to merge manually.... ><
1k??? GEE......ZUS!!!!!

-one more thing, i got another fix that i just discovered. but this is quite a hard work for your 1000+ contacts compared to my 250.

-if you have Merge-Contacts and contacts-merger installed then this is good.......you just need to find one (or more...sigh) contact(s) that has 100% exact match and merge it (them) manually.

in my case there are 2 contacts in cellular and facebook (chat and hermes) that has 100% excact preferences (including nicknames, b-day, etc). after i merged them, the error did not persist.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

thanks.....i uninstall 'extended search option' now problem is solved......muaahh ):

Originally Posted by AliasXZ View Post
I had the same issue today.

I removed extended search and now the problem is gone.

I still have find duplicate contacts installed

Saved my bacon!

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
same thing here, i removed extended search then the problem ceased. thanks guys!

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i am getting this ''internal error contacts application closed'' all in sudden.
i dont have installed extended search etc.may i get any solution please?it is annoying me,comming again n again on the screen ''internal error etc''
i cant see my contacts,have lost them ,only recent contacts appearing,i even have lost my conversations icon in the app manu . help needed pls.

Last edited by prankster; 2011-07-20 at 15:08.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
I just got this error for the first time!

The last thing I did with contacts was to have a look at the "recent contacts" view (I think this was the first time ever that I looked there lol and then closed it from that view.

An hour later I was reading news (with the standard browser) and all of a sudden I get this yellow banner telling me "internal error contacts application closed".

As expected, whenever I tried opening the contacts it would close. I rebooted, but the problem was still there.

Somehow I suspected it had to do with the recent view in contacts, but I didn't know how to get out of there and start from the standard view.. UNTIL I tried just typing a name from the home screen: this opened the normal contacts view filtered to the keys I had typed.

After that, it's all OK now.

Note that I also have the extended search plugin, but didn't uninstall it or anything.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
I had exactly the same!
Accidentally hit recent button on contacts and since then was getting this error. It was eating my battery in a few hours too
Uninstalled extended search before reading to end, but it's no problem.

Just one reminder, typing in the contact name not in home screen, but just after pressing contacts button while contacts tries to open cured my case.

The Following User Says Thank You to hermes040 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I just got this error for the first time!
Somehow I suspected it had to do with the recent view in contacts, but I didn't know how to get out of there and start from the standard view.. UNTIL I tried just typing a name from the home screen: this opened the normal contacts view filtered to the keys I had typed.
This has been driving me crazy for a few days now... thanks for the solution!

The last thing I remember doing was modifying a contact - I use 'recent contacts' view all the time.

I tried everything, including deleting the database (.osso-abook/db); nothing worked.

It seems that there is a separate cache for 'recent contacts' - even after I deleted the database it continued to show all the names from the deleted database and then crashing.

Even now, after changing views using your 'type from the home screen' trick, the recent contacts (no longer crashing) still shows the full details for contacts that are no longer in the database???

Does anyone have clues as to where this cache might live?

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
No idea where the data is stored. Are you connected to any IM/Skype provider? It may be that what you are seeing are the contacts coming from those accounts?

At least in my case, I had the vage feeling that the problem first happened when I logged out of Skype while having the recent contacts opened, but I'm not sure, and I don't use Skype anymore.

i got an internal error with contacts application, and it become solved as soon i removed extended search plugin
contacts now working fine

Last edited by Mesi84; 2012-01-27 at 12:57. Reason: Not Completed reply