Poll: Does your n900 have the hazy image issue in the top corner?
Poll Options
Does your n900 have the hazy image issue in the top corner?

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Even so, the only way to fix it will be via post processing that will only come after a bug report.

I think it might be caused by light reflecting from the blue edges of the lens cover....

Sig gone
Actually, post processing will do very little. A replacement is necessary.

Yyyup, looking at the first post of the other thread, I'm actually shocked.

I added 2 photos to my previous post, with that I'm fine, but with that strong ugly blue...

As for your "report" I think you're exaggerating, create a bug report, wait in line like anyone else and it will be fixed. Patience is the solution.
I do not think that he is exaggerating. As the haze disappears when the battery cover is off, it obviously is a hardware problem and I don't think a bugreport is the right action.

Moreover, the problem can be solved relatively easy by just making alternative battery covers available. No need of sending your N900 to some repair center and going without it for weeks.

A beautiful opportunity for Nokia to demonstrate its concern for quality and user support.

Paai

The Following User Says Thank You to paai For This Useful Post:
You're right, he's not. Just that In my situation things don't look as bad:

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
My wall is turqoise, but you can still see the haze.

rear panel on:

rear panel off:

You're right, he's not. Just that In my situation things don't look as bad:
Ideal situation to reproduce this is not one of total darkness, like in your example. You should try it with some light source AND flash, which for me seems to be always except in daylight unless force the flash off.

And this is not a new issue... the 5800 and N97 do the same. 6ou would think some lessons would have been learned now...

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
wtf... tried to make some pics in the dark... but after the 10. picture my photo-app crashed and the orange line appeared with "vorgang fehlgeschlagen" (operation failed).

mhm... i could open my photo-app but when i tried to take a photo or make a video the app crashed again.

after a few times the photo-app wasn't showing up at all and "top" told me that camera-ui was using about 85 - 95 percent of my cpu o.O

worked again after reboot... but after taking several photos again... the same thing happened -.-'

The pictures here do not demonstrate the problem very clearly. I have taken pictures that do have a much worse blue haze. If I have time today, I will make some demonstartion pics.

Ok, for the sake of science, I took a permanent marker, took the cover of and painted the blue border of the cover in black.

The improvement is "global" I'd say as it doesn't fix the haze completely but it certainly takes away the blue-ish tint.
Attached Images

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
would someone make clear instructions how people can reproduce this at any home.Lights, colors, distance, flash? etc.

btw.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8168
http://picasaweb.google.com/drew.fre...t=embedwebsite