Notices

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
I wonder if the iPad app is in fact using HTML5 if there's any chance the content can be accessed sans iPad. I'm gonna act like the chance > zero...
Well it'd be easy to see where the traffic is coming from or going to (just have a traffic sniffer sniff the traffic coming from the iPad). But it's likely Netflix has some authentication on the iPad app otherwise anyone could just spoof an iPad browser-agent and get access.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Netflix on N900?" with eleven posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Does any know how the Blockbuster on demand app work?

http://www.blockbuster.com/htc

Unfortunately, it is probably a Java app, so I doubt that we will have it available or ported to the N900. However, Nokia and Intel should work with Blockbuster to ensure that there is a way for us to get Blockbuster movies in Meego!

Edit: Ah, I just realized that the HTC is a Windows Mobile phone. That means this app is probably also using silverlight. (Those Microsoft guys are quick to stamp out possible defectors.) However, I noticed that they have some movies compatible with the Archos 5 tablet. Does Archos produce a Windows based tablet besides their Linux based ones?

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2010-04-07 at 13:49.

Petitions weren't meant for this sort of thing. Who do you people think you are to just assume you can volunteer someone else's time and money towards developing an application?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Lazarpandar View Post
Petitions weren't meant for this sort of thing. Who do you people think you are to just assume you can volunteer someone else's time and money towards developing an application?
petition |pəˈti sh ən|
noun
a formal written request, typically one signed by many people, appealing to authority with respect to a particular cause : she was asked to sign a petition against plans to build on the local playing fields.
• an appeal or request, esp. a solemn or humble one to a deity or a superior.
• Law an application to a court for a writ, judicial action in a suit, etc. : a divorce petition.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I have a PC at home running all the time. If I use RDesktop to connect to it I can watch Netflix on my N900 screen, at a framerate of 0.1/s over 3G.

So, is there a way to severely cut the resolution that RDesktop uses, to boost the framerate?

Ok, when I get home from work, I will try this:

http://www.splitmedialabs.com/vh-vid...screen-capture

and see if I can use it as an input for some of these other streaming programs like orb or knots and see what kind of netflix performance i can get. assuming that this will capture video and not just give a black box.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Moonlight is built on Mono, which would be a heavy port. Then, once you ported Mono and Moonlight and got them working, you'd be prompted to run the Moonlight Codecs Installer and agree to Microsoft's EULA for their proprietary codecs. Were you able to get those codecs to install somehow, they wouldn't work on an ARMEL device like the N900 as the codecs were compiled for x86. But that's okay because Moonlight doesn't support DRM, so Netflix won't stream anything to you anyway.
You have captured the real reason for asking NetFlix to release the Linux package - DRM. It is a sad fact that as long as there are people trying to make money from their intellectual property there are people who are going to attempt to not pay for it. So DRM makes it possible to provide the milk without giving away the cow. No doubt a streaming application provided by Netflix would preserve the difficulty in mis-appropriating the content.

I've been a subscriber to Netflix since they had 7800 titles in their catalogue. I would really enjoy being able to watch a short or cartoon on the N900 to fill in idle moments when I am tired of playing Angry Birds. I would like to see that application come from them.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Hello all .... when will there be a app for maemo?

Like this one: here >>

I just wanna manage my queue's.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Err.... if all you want is to manage your queues, why don't you just use netflix.com?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.