Originally Posted by Xizor View Post
Nokia's tech support didn't make me any wiser regarding this problem, so it's flashing time...

Let's just hope it fixes this because I don't feel like waiting another 3-4 weeks for a third replacement.
Good luck with that, keep us updated

Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
Good luck with that, keep us updated
Yes, I'll post the results of the flashing here.

Just one more thing came to my find...could it be possible to change the phone mode from the terminal and maybe see if it generates errors to the console or some log- file?

Originally Posted by Xizor View Post
Nokia's tech support didn't make me any wiser regarding this problem, so it's flashing time...

Let's just hope it fixes this because I don't feel like waiting another 3-4 weeks for a third replacement.
----------------------

Xizor, as I said I have two N900 with the same problem. Don`t bother to flash because I have tried that by myself and in nokia service center and did not solve the problem. The problem is that you and also I have replacment units (N900 SWAP unit). It seems that there is a problem with a product code change from a SWAP unit to product code of your (and mine) region.

Originally Posted by qbert View Post
----------------------

Xizor, as I said I have two N900 with the same problem. Don`t bother to flash because I have tried that by myself and in nokia service center and did not solve the problem. The problem is that you and also I have replacment units (N900 SWAP unit). It seems that there is a problem with a product code change from a SWAP unit to product code of your (and mine) region.
Ok, thanks for the add info....btw, what is this N900 SWAP unit stuff? When I phoned Nokia's tech support they never mentioned about something like this....

I'll have to think really hard about returning this N900. It's just really odd that even flashing doesn't fix it...this "feature" must be on a ROM-circuit or something.

Problem SOLVED!!!
As I wrote the problem was product code. It was not changed from SWAP to product code for my region.
What is SWAP -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...829#post510829

When you flash with a diffrent product code (only N900) it is not automaticly changed like on other nokia phones. It needs to be done separately! Otherwise, when you scan phone in Phoenix it will always read as RX-51 SWAP even though you have flashed with a region product code.
Product codes for N900 -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34193

So solution is to first change product code to your region in Phoenix with active media changed to USB in connection manager (you will need FPS-21, SS-46, FS-94, CA-101 and SX-4 available only in Nokia service center ))))) ) and then flash it with a sw for your region.
It is a 10min job and for now this can be done only in Nokia service center.

So Xizor, print this and go to your service ))))))))))))))))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qbert For This Useful Post:
i have the same problem cannt change to gsm mode & my product code is sweap ''' if there any method to change code by my n900

I have the same Problem with my N900

The Nokia Service-Center said they must send all N900's back to Nokia. They always get back a SWAP unit. I asked if they could change the product code but they said they tried it one time but it crashed the Phoenix Flasher.

If anybody has a solution to change the product code, please post it!!!

Sorry for my bad english.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Germany
I got a replacement phone today after the usb port broke. Now I have the same problem with the SWAP product code... Seems like Nokia can't get anything right at all...

Did anybody make progress on this?

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qbert View Post
Problem SOLVED!!!
As I wrote the problem was product code. It was not changed from SWAP to product code for my region.
What is SWAP -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...829#post510829

When you flash with a diffrent product code (only N900) it is not automaticly changed like on other nokia phones. It needs to be done separately! Otherwise, when you scan phone in Phoenix it will always read as RX-51 SWAP even though you have flashed with a region product code.
Product codes for N900 -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34193

So solution is to first change product code to your region in Phoenix with active media changed to USB in connection manager (you will need FPS-21, SS-46, FS-94, CA-101 and SX-4 available only in Nokia service center ))))) ) and then flash it with a sw for your region.
It is a 10min job and for now this can be done only in Nokia service center.

So Xizor, print this and go to your service ))))))))))))))))))
@qbert: I went to the Nokia Care point with a printout of your post and requested them to change the product code. Since this was the first N900 they ever had, they asked me to come back the next day so that they had time to get familiar with the N900 on their flasher.

When I returned the next day, I was told that every information I gave them was wrong and that the product code could only be changed by Nokia directly, so they would have to send in the phone or to order a replacement phone....

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna
Bump. I just received a replacement unit after 6 weeks for my N900 (which was bricked by PR 1.1) and it shows the same symptoms.

What i like to know: Is the problem only with the possibility to switch between 2g/3g or are there any other "quirks" you know of. As a matter of fact, my bluetooth headset doesn't work on the replacement unit anymore (it disconnects as soon as no sound is played, and it crashes !!! the phone when i engage it while in a call). It worked perfectly on my old N900 which got bricked.

So is the only solution to go to a Nokia care point AGAIN? In that case i probably will return the phone. It's a joke, nothing more. If its just the 3g stuff, i think i can live with it...

Cheers, Christian