Active Topics

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Pointless and useless. If you do want to do this crap then buy a stereo, or even better discover youtube or file sharing.

im not the only one who misses this feature then it justs adds a bit of ambience to the conversation i thought this device was all about sharing and multi tasking???

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
mhm... if you have your annoying girlfriend on the phone you could play a record of yourself saying "yes.... yes... yes.... mhm.... yes... yes... *cough* sorry... yes..." and loop it because it may takes a few hours till your girl hangs up :P

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Call Vodafone customer services and you can get hours of music.
if you call Virgin customer services you can actually chose the "type" of music you want! True story!

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Funny biting reflex some people have here.... just because YOU have no use for something doesn't mean someone else doesn't need it either! So can you please shut up instead of insulting people? Especially if you've got nothing else to say. Thank you!

I miss the same functionality. I just wanted to show a dj set i like to a friend on the phone, but found no way to do that.
About a month ago i wrote a python script that should make espeak speak out who is calling. But espeak cant speak while the phone is ringing. I tried to disable ringtones, but it didn't change anythin. So I guess it's the same mechanism that is preventing the media player from playing while on the phone. But i don't know and didn't find time to investivate it further.

Anyone got a clue? I'd be happy with a pointer to more info about that.

Cheers!

Last edited by gobuki; 2010-02-18 at 20:11. Reason: forgot to mention something

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gobuki For This Useful Post:
like mic spam in counter strike?

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Indeed, the whole point of that is because your brain can only process soo much, and listening to music whilst also understanding a phone call is simply not possible. Your either understanding the call or the music. Either way pick one and select it on the phone. Not bang on about how it doesnt do it.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I personally don't need such feature but it's not 100% useless feature.

BF: Hey, I got this cool new song from this band. You might like it.
GF: Oh. What is it?"
BF: Wait, I'll play it on my cool N900 directly to you within the call.
GF: Awesome
BF: (Plays the song and sets the volume to gentle.. Song now heard by both parties.)

Originally Posted by crsnwby View Post
Pointless and useless. If you do want to do this crap then buy a stereo, or even better discover youtube or file sharing.
But if I'm streaming internet radio, and a song I like comes on, then your method won't work when I call my friend, whose a DJ, if I want the song identified. House/techno is not all that easy to find info on.

Last edited by colnago; 2010-02-19 at 05:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I personally don't need such feature but it's not 100% useless feature.

BF: Hey, I got this cool new song from this band. You might like it.
GF: Oh. What is it?"
BF: Wait, I'll play it on my cool N900 directly to you within the call.
GF: Awesome
BF: (Plays the song and sets the volume to gentle.. Song now heard by both parties.)
This is the year 2010, and chances are someone is within reach of some sort of device capable of streaming audio from any number of websites that offer it (pandora,etc). You know what I do when I want a friend to listen to a song? I send an SMS with the artist/song title, and let them listen to it at their leisure.

Tags
question