Notices

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Why won't use hildonize this to follow user's theme's buttons & colors? No offence, but those buttons looks kind of ugly to me :/

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Nice app. Much cleaner and easier to use than the built in N900 calculator. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to RockCreek1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
nice little screeny on the product page - well done
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Nice app, much better than the built in calc imo. One question, is there a way to keep the color picked when opening from the last session instead of having it always reset to orange?

Originally Posted by Sphinx780 View Post
Nice app, much better than the built in calc imo. One question, is there a way to keep the color picked when opening from the last session instead of having it always reset to orange?
That will be coming in version 2 when I integrate a portrait mode and various other bits of eye candy

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Why won't use hildonize this to follow user's theme's buttons & colors? No offence, but those buttons looks kind of ugly to me :/
Ah because its Qt, and hildon theme currently restricting the size of the buttons,fonts,display etc.I found the standard calc too fidly to use for day to day basic maths, which was why I wrote the app in the first place.

Would love D-livil to supply some nice buttons, dont forget that we have nice lights also when button is pressed, would love designer to supply those as well, 140x75 pngs

Mike C

Last edited by mikec; 2010-03-19 at 18:47.

Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
It is a nice little program, but fails on the second most important issue (the most important being calculating correctly): it's too slow to start. A calculator app needs to be instantaneous, which they more or less are on all platforms. The built in calc looks much uglier, but starts right away.

Is there anything that can be done, or is this based on some framework that will always take this long to load? Mine takes 5-6 seconds to start even on subsequent launches, which is a lot longer than 0 seconds.

Granted that the built in calc (or parts of it) might stay resident in memory all the time and have a huge benefit from that...
@jayshire
Sadly we are constrained by Python startup times (script based language). There might be some optimisations that can be done on the Qt CSS styles which I will try some experiments for the 2.0 release.

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Ah because its Qt, and hildon theme currently restricting the size of the buttons,fonts,display etc.I found the standard calc too fidly to use for day to day basic maths, which was why I wrote the app in the first place.

Would love D-livil to supply some nice buttons, dont forget that we have nice lights also when button is pressed, would love designer to supply those as well, 140x75 pngs

Mike C
Aah.. okay. Can you use stylus-button within QT? That button is't size limited in anyway. That ofcourse won't apply to font-size problem :/

Sure I can draw you buttons. I suppose if I make them black they will fit into any color scheme somehow.

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Aah.. okay. Can you use stylus-button within QT? That button is't size limited in anyway. That ofcourse won't apply to font-size problem :/

Sure I can draw you buttons. I suppose if I make them black they will fit into any color scheme somehow.
I was thinking of nice scheme that reflected the n900 keyboard colours, black, white and hint of blue

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
I was thinking of nice scheme that reflected the n900 keyboard colours, black, white and hint of blue
Got you
Blue should be injected by making font on those buttons be blue. I wouldn't put the blue color on the button graphics.