Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Hopefully, someone knows. I ignore this kind of error, with good results. What does Google say?

i googled it an this was top post thats about as far as i went , but will keep looking for sure ..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Did anyone asking click on Power Search, search for GPG error and read the first result? What did you think?

Just I think that http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ with distribution "fremantle" is the oldest one because there are another http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ in my list but with distribution "fremantle-1.3" and this one don't give me the GPG warning.
I simply deactivated/disabled the "oldest" one only and I don't give anymore the complaint about the GPG signature warning.
I don't know if I lost some applications. I don't think so.

try that and tell us. bye

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Oslo - around
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
First of all check, double check and triple check you do not have duplicate repositories (Disabling one should do the trick?)

Then you could try (In terminal - as root)
apt-get dist-upgrade

List of other similar issues etc can be found here (wiki page)
I had lost all repositories and the Application Manager failed - found nothing. I disabled all repositores in the AppManager to get the correct ones pulled down, but nothing happened.

I started X-Terminal, and then did "Sudo gainroot" .. and then started with "apt-get dist-upgrade"

The dist-upgrade reported an error in the "extended_states" file.

-- well this runs around and checks if your "Packages" match the repositories - read the Linux documentation of apt-get http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrm...apt-get.8.html

So, I made a "cd" to "/opt/var/lib/apt" and renamed the file to .extended_states - hidden.

Now I did "dist-upgrade" again, and this time it was a library that had not been loaded - and I did "apt-get install" on this. The library was a Vorbis module and lower version than what the documented depency asked for, I should have at least version 1.2.1 and no library was found. But the apt-get found that I needed other. This one pulled down version 1.3 of the missing library. So read the output and "install" what is missing.

I then started AppManager - and enabled the repositories, and the applications were back.

Tag: Application Missing, Repository Inconsistency, Rebuilding lists, apt-get, Application Manager fails