Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
oooh that minimalist theme does fit better, but i think it sucks so changed back!
I understand you think the minimalist theme that I have spend many hundreds of hours working on over the last few years sucks. Any comment on why it sucks or how to make it suck less? Or should I just have to deleted so you can keep complaining and I can save time.

People like you is why I find it hard to commit to maemo.org like I have in the past. If you think you can do a better minimalist theme them do it or atleast write a worth while post about what could be improved.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
Okay I have the following options:
Classic light
--Classic Dark
Minimalist Light
--Minimalist Dark

By lite I guess you are referring to minimalist...works fine now, thanks!
Yes he was talking about Minimalist... Just a Note: I know the text size is somewhat large if you already have font size set to large it is being fixed now.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by toto29820 View Post
Please provide option to filter out all threads with key word 'iphone'.
That has way too much potential to be abused. For example:
Don't like what a member says? "sage" his/her threads by posting "iphone" in it.

Just a tip,

Do not use your nail to click on links. use your finger.

The N900 has software that detects whether you are using a stylus or your finger and if it detects the later, it allocates the click to the most appropriate target.

Calibrating the screen with your finger also helps.

When you use your nail, the phone thinks you are using a stylus.

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to yorg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
maemo.org IS N900 friendly

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Not it's not.

It's impossible to browse the maemo.org talk forums on the N900 sometimes unless you resort to modifying the actual URL.

Try browsing the overclock thread for instance. I cannot see the page numbers properly nor the next button.
Same when I go to the subscription list. Many of the threads doen't display properly and are cut off.

Can't the website be obtimized so that it's actually fully functional at 800 pixels wide? It isn't right now. At least not the talk forums.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Not it's not.

It's impossible to browse the maemo.org talk forums on the N900 sometimes unless you resort to modifying the actual URL.

Try browsing the overclock thread for instance. I cannot see the page numbers properly nor the next button.
Same when I go to the subscription list. Many of the threads doen't display properly and are cut off.

Can't the website be obtimized so that it's actually fully functional at 800 pixels wide? It isn't right now. At least not the talk forums.
Did you change your theme to the dark theme (Light version?) - works fine for me
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
do you have the "hide user agent" installed?

everything is just like the computer...everything looks and works fine

minimalistic is way way to big.
i have classic light and that is fine for the font. i dont want bigger fonts i just want better navigation.

for example i always just press in tmo new posts.. thats my entry point, problem is that some how on my N900 i dont have the first unread icon before a thread any more! if i go to my laptop that has ofcourse the same preferences (which is also not so nice i would love that 1 account could have different stylesheets/theme i think this shouldnt be stored at the server but in a cookie) i do see the go to first new message in a topic. No idea why those are gone on the N900.

but i would love to have a theme that the go to new message in the new posts list is very big and easy to press. and that the navigation pages are also much bigger and easy to press.
now going to the first new message in a topic i can do 2 things, press last page and hopefully i dont jump to far or go first to he first page and press there first unread. which is quite an annoying 2 click jump...

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ T.M.O
I guess its best explained as a picture.

Note: page number its on vs the page numbers displayed

Note: smileys cut off

What I'm wondering is that is it a problem with the browser in handling the page or with T.M.O layout?

Last edited by un-named_user; 2010-04-12 at 07:18. Reason: Typo.

The Following User Says Thank You to un-named_user For This Useful Post: