Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by BobF4321 View Post
Does anybody from Nokia read this forum? Maybe the designers can tell us if the film is intended to be permanent, or just a screen protector for shipping (mine has scratches too, after a month of use).
Yeah, Nokia folks read the forum.

I have good reason to think my suspicion is correct. No ironclad confirmation, but reasonable suspicion.

I also had the same experience of pulling the tab and leaving the "protector" in place. I didn't notice it until it got pretty scratched after a couple wks..but it only appears scratched when the unit is off..when on it's hardly noticeable, so my take is just to leave it there-doesn't bother me any

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Canada
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post
... ... ...
Do check out the boxwave's at www.boxwave.com. You can cut them to fit the way you want.
After this suggestion I went to the Boxware site and checked their screen protectors.

They only list for the 770. Does the N800 have exactly the same size screen as the 770? If you get the 770 then surely you don't have to cut them to fit the N800 do you?

They offer two (2) different protectors for the 770. Here are the descriptions they give, I left only those items that were different between the two.

Boxware "Anti-Glare"

Dust Repelling
Fingerprint Free
Improves Handwriting Recognition
Reduces 90% of UV Rays Caused by Reflected Light, Protecting your Eyes
Boxware "Crystal"

99% Visual Transparency
Ultra-high Transparency Produces Vibrant Colors
Super Durable, Long Lasting Protection
Reduces 99% of UV Rays Caused by Reflected Light, Protecting Your Eyes
My guess is that the "Anti-Glare" would be the better for the N800 if used mainly by people putting in a lot of input, and the "Crystal" for people using the N800 to watch video. Think I'll go for the "Anti-Glare"; I don't want to reduce the sensitivity of the touch screen.

For people who have already purchased a Boxware for their N800 which of the two versions did you buy? Did you get the "770" size and did it fit perfectly?

I have a Tungsten T3 and have had one of Boxware's 'screen protectors' on it since I first got it years and years ago. It has stood up remarkably well!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
770 and N800 screens are identical in size.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Ocean City
So I left the original factory installed screen protector on my N800.
A couple weeks later it is badly scratched; minor scratches come out with small amount of Meguiar's Scratch X.(yes car polish, works on iPod too)
I will get a true screen protector; but not sure of which brand.
The new screen protector must have no glue and does not scratch easily.
I just hate taking off the factory protector, anything I apply will most certainly have bubbles.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
I just put an EXiM Screen Protector on my N800 and it works great. It is re-usable, and so clear I can't tell it is there. You can find them on Ebay for a pretty good price.

EXiM Screen Protector

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Originally Posted by tabletfan View Post
I just put an EXiM Screen Protector on my N800 and it works great. It is re-usable, and so clear I can't tell it is there. You can find them on Ebay for a pretty good price.

EXiM Screen Protector
I removed my EXiM protector after a few days. It started making my blue text very 'blotchy'. In the RSS reader for example, the links were very hard to read. I think some static on the plastic caused the pigment in the screen to act funny.

Anyway, the EXiM was very clear and strong, but it did not work too well on the touch screen for me.

I decided against adding another protector. the screen is holding up very well so far ..

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
I removed my EXiM protector after a few days. It started making my blue text very 'blotchy'. In the RSS reader for example, the links were very hard to read. I think some static on the plastic caused the pigment in the screen to act funny.

Anyway, the EXiM was very clear and strong, but it did not work too well on the touch screen for me.

I decided against adding another protector. the screen is holding up very well so far ..
That is strange. My 770 has had an EXiM protector on it for a year with no problems. I will keep an eye out for problems on my N800.

I've ordered a three-pack of Boxware's Crystal. I'll put them on both my N800 and 770 and have one left over for emergencies. Thanks SkwrHdz for bringing these to the forum's attention.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Beijing, China
I am a big fan of Martin Fields' Overlay Plus screen protectors and I use them for all my devices that need protection. For the N800 I ordered a Martin Fields protector for the PSP and then cut it short a bit. The clarity is so good that you don't even notice there's a protector installed.