Active Topics

Poll: HD video recording on N900?
Poll Options
HD video recording on N900?

Could we contact nokia for more info on the drivers, perhaps check meego drivers as well?

Just imagine the blast effect this would have "N900 hacked into HD"

The Following User Says Thank You to smurfy For This Useful Post:
And then there's this guy: http://www.hyperx-i8910.com/

He modded the symbian rom for i8910 and he has some experience since he managed to get video recording with decent sound recording on samsung omnia HD.

Maybe he could share some info to someone able to understand it?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
yeah. he's the guy who craeted the speed versions of symbian rom for the omnia hd and got it to run 62 apps simultaneously. He released that rom only last week.

Well he must have some knowledge of DSP... my 2 cents

i just want a higher resoulution video player something like 1920x1280 and face tracking and a light feature in recording videos these are my demands

Originally Posted by CaSPeRFXX View Post
i just want a higher resoulution video player something like 1920x1280 and face tracking and a light feature in recording videos these are my demands

Well you can go demand it find a developer and if you hire him well, he'll do it for you, but:

1920x1280 is beyond HD and no movies standard or device exists for that thing (unless you intend to make a movie yourself).

Having a HD 1080p movie on your phone is useless since it will take up half of N900's memory

Light - is already possible, but as tested, useless further than 2 meters.

Face detection - this device does not target the multimedia segment, so no face detection for you. (find a skilled dev and hire him, with N900 the possibilities are only limited by your coding skills)

And as a last thing, you are in no position to demand anything, this forum serves for contribution, ideas and development.

If you're not happy with N900 go demand to nokia, this ain't a nokia forum and nokia ain't written on it!

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
getting hd playback sould be quite possible with dsp usage - the beagle board uses the same base chipset incl the dsp and it states HD Capable

read http://beagleboard.org/hardware < the image on the right about half way down

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Well you can go demand it find a developer and if you hire him well, he'll do it for you, but:

1920x1280 is beyond HD and no movies standard or device exists for that thing (unless you intend to make a movie yourself).

Having a HD 1080p movie on your phone is useless since it will take up half of N900's memory

Light - is already possible, but as tested, useless further than 2 meters.

Face detection - this device does not target the multimedia segment, so no face detection for you. (find a skilled dev and hire him, with N900 the possibilities are only limited by your coding skills)

And as a last thing, you are in no position to demand anything, this forum serves for contribution, ideas and development.

If you're not happy with N900 go demand to nokia, this ain't a nokia forum and nokia ain't written on it!
Not 1080p recording...
I think he wants 720p, which can be done i think.
Also I would love to see video autofocus while recording as well. This is should be a killer feature.

@DJ-Steve,
Wow that board is better than the one on the N900 in term of usability. USB OTG!!! DVI-D many more missing on N900

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-04-20 at 22:58.

720p recorder (or more?) + Good night mode (like n95), more option and good focus = The real n900 !