Active Topics

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Macau-RN, Brazil
Olá pessoal, me Chamo Jadson Medeiros...
Sou de Macau-RN e tenho um nokia N900, 24 anos.
Sou Professor de Informática
Utilizo Windows nos Desktops.
Utilizo Maemo no Smartphone.
Além disso sempre visito vários blogs como o Aguilarj e faço parte da maior comunidade do n900 no orkut...

English:

Hello everybody, I call myself Jadson Medeiros ...
I'm from Macau-RN and I have a Nokia N900, 24 years.
I am a Professor of Computer
I use Windows on desktops.
Maemo use on the Smartphone.
Also whenever I visit several blogs like Aguilarj and am part of the greater community of N900 on orkut ...

Last edited by jadsonsmedeiros; 2010-04-23 at 17:14.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Watergate View Post
Hi russo_br

Is there a Sygic unofficial version of Brazil maps available?
I never used Torrent so I dont know how it works.

Atenciosamente

Watergate
I will send you a PM about this. If anyone else is interested send me a PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to russo_br For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
By the way, I first knew Linux at Red Hat 5.2 during my Computer Engineer degree. I was working in the technical area (mostly support) for about 8 years, but now I work as a Pre-Sales Engineer promoting high-end servers running Linux for Mission Critical Applications.

I bought my N900 from eBay with Express Delivery from USA, but got mad with the customs and Correios slowness (it was a long wait...), how about you? How did you get your N900?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Hi there. I got my N900 a couple of weeks ago and found it amazing. Everything is working fine except the iamhere application, but just because I did something wrong and just can't fix it. My name is Roberto and I work with ITS in São Paulo. Regards.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Is anyone working on a brazilian portuguese localization file? If so, I'd like to help...

Hello guys

I'm from João Pessoa-PB, I got my n900 in Europe and I think its a great device.

I'm also looking for brazilian maps for sygic, I really hate the n900 mapping capabilities, I can consider it the biggest weakness.

I use macbook with snow leopard and maemo for smartphone. I use to have a blackberry before.

By the way, I'm 24.

Regards!

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
By the way, I first knew Linux at Red Hat 5.2 during my Computer Engineer degree. I was working in the technical area (mostly support) for about 8 years, but now I work as a Pre-Sales Engineer promoting high-end servers running Linux for Mission Critical Applications.

I bought my N900 from eBay with Express Delivery from USA, but got mad with the customs and Correios slowness (it was a long wait...), how about you? How did you get your N900?
You're lucky Correios did delivered your N900, lots of things I buy are "lost" when they enter Brazil. My uncle buyed my n900 for me in USA.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sao Paulo
Hi there! Glad to see a growing Brazilian community here!

Well, I'm Igor Gomes, 26 years old. I live in Sao Paulo (but home town is Vitória - ES!) and a proudly owner of a N900 since 2 days ago!

Linux user for 15 years or more... Started with Slackware and now got the Ubuntu comfort :- )

Best!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sao Paulo
It seems que the Brazilian translations were 100% done:

http://code.google.com/p/n900-extra-translations/

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Petrolina, Brazil
Hi there! I´m brazilian too!
My name is Tarcísio. i´m from Remanso-BA and i´m a law student.
I don´t have a N900 yet (current cellphone is 5800XM), but i´m buying mine this weekend, so at least on next wednesday i´ll be with it in my hands.
So, i never had contact with Linux on any devices, but for a while i´ve been seen what N900 can do and i felt in love with it

Hope you guys can help me in so many ways, cuz i have to start fom ZERO.

Wish me luck, and see you soon!

Tags
brazil, greeting