Is that a line from that Insane Clown Posse song, "Miracles"
No, it's the title of a painting.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I was joking

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chennai, India
Nicely written!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
@ivanzorkic:

Well put. Sure, there are things we’d all like to see done better, or quirks that annoy us, but then again, which device or platform doesn’t. The N900 is not a perfect fit for everyone, but the original merits that started of this journey for many of you not that long ago are still there. And there is no alternative for the things and moments your N900 *was* there for you when a future, faster, prettier, better device or software appears. I know I’ll be keeping mine regardless of what my next device will be. The glass is half full.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Awesome post mate, sums it up totally - be happy with what you got, after all you chose it!!!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
@ivanzorkic are you working for nokia? sorry but i cant understand why you say this, if you work in the IT you should know that if you sell a Product and it dont works like you sayed before or has some signficant Bugs/Problems you would be out of the Market in a few days i worked as QA / Supporter for a Goverment DMS if there was any Bug we was need to work all night long i am talking about Deadlines.

So lets take a look at the N900/Maemo..Nokia isnt telling the Customers about when they will bring there next Update you know what i mean in a real world if they would sell some other Softwareproduct this wouldnt be possible.. I payed for the Device and the Software on it all i want is that they do there job to fix the Problems. I could live with some delays if i know why they are happen i mean its Open Source isnt it? And if your friend is in the Councile maybe he can tell us a little about the Backround.

best regards Crown

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
@ivanzorkic are you working for nokia? sorry but i cant understand why you say this, if you work in the IT you should know that if you sell a Product and it dont works like you sayed before or has some signficant Bugs/Problems you would be out of the Market in a few days i worked as QA / Supporter for a Goverment DMS if there was any Bug we was need to work all night long i am talking about Deadlines.

So lets take a look at the N900/Maemo..Nokia isnt telling the Customers about when they will bring there next Update you know what i mean in a real world if they would sell some other Softwareproduct this wouldnt be possible.. I payed for the Device and the Software on it all i want is that they do there job to fix the Problems. I could live with some delays if i know why they are happen i mean its Open Source isnt it? And if your friend is in the Councile maybe he can tell us a little about the Backround.

best regards Crown
I spent most my life in IT and i understand his post, your yet another whiner lol.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ivanzorkic View Post

But, even without MeeGo, I still stand behind what I said
Please post your well written words on every whining thread on this forum ha that might shut a few up lol.

You have been enlightened young one.

Great read, and well thought about.

The Following User Says Thank You to teh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
if you work in the IT you know a little about the Buisness. I was happy to be in the Open Source Community to be able to work with Bugzilla i thougt this will be a great thing a whole Community of Devs, Testers could do it a way better. Like i said i understand why it comes to delays and know what can happen when you work at a big Softwareproduct or System. All i want is more Information about whats happen. If this Community would work together and share Informations it would be really okay for me to wait a few Months again for a Update but the Problem is if you are a little negativ against the N900 Dream Machine or asking the wrong Questions you get branded as Troll or Whiner.. And also i think this Thread is pushing oil into the fire..

For the example that you have now a working linux pc right in your pocket and its stronger than your first pc sorry but to compare it its like you buy a 60kbit Internet Connection , this one works with 5kbit you call the service and they say hey man common do you remember your first isdn modem now you have 5000 be happy..

Last edited by crown77; 2010-04-30 at 08:37.

Tags
wall of text