Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
What is it actually that you guys hate about Ovi Maps?

Beyond the horrible usability, do you guys find route finding really bad in Ovi Maps, or is it simply the lack of voice guided navigation`?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
What is it actually that you guys hate about Ovi Maps?

Beyond the horrible usability, do you guys find route finding really bad in Ovi Maps, or is it simply the lack of voice guided navigation`?
The lack of voice guidance plus inability to reroute.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My Sygic map has Indiana.

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Who goes to/through Indiana?

Otherwise, the maps might exist, but have failed to be copied over to the N900 by Sygic assistant.

Go to program files\sygic mobile maps usa\maps and see if you canīt find the uia folder.

Copy it manually to the maps folder for sygic on your N900. You are good to go.

Sygic did copy the indiana maps to my N900 so I have them there, but I saw it fail to copy Malta and Iceland over to my N900 in the European maps. I was getting quite pissed at them for advertising Sygic as having maps for those countries, but not having them, until I realized that they were on my PC but hadnīt been copied by the assistant over to my device.
I have the uia file but I believe that is for Iowa not Indiana. I believe Indiana map should be uin but it is not in there... Do you have have the uin.pak file?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
I have the uia file but I believe that is for Iowa not Indiana. I believe Indiana map should be uin but it is not in there... Do you have have the uin.pak file?
Iīm sorry of course it should be UIN.

And I do have the file. You can download it from http://hkn.it/uin.pak

just create a uin directory on your N900 and copy the file in there.

Is it not in your maps folder on your computer?

I also copied the setup file from sygicīs server to have it for reinstallation etc.

You can download it from http://hkn.it/sygic/SetupSMM_Maemo_USA.exe

I canīt believe itīs illegal to distribute it, since you need to buy a license to use it anyway after downloading.

Last edited by olighak; 2010-05-17 at 13:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Iīm sorry of course it should be UIN.

And I do have the file. You can download it from http://hkn.it/uin.pak

just create a uin directory on your N900 and copy the file in there.

U the MAN!!!

Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
I really hope that Ovi maps is ditched altogether and replaced with Google maps in Meego
OVI maps is great at least here in Europe, but it's horrible for Maemo.
Google maps is not free here in Europe as Google doesn't own any maps like Nokia does as it bought Navteq years ago for 8.1 billion so OVI maps is a no brainer in Harmattan/MeeGo.

Well, it always good to have a backup gps navigation software regardless sygic or ovimap, etc. You never knows, one day you might depend on it just like what you had experience.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Just found out today that my Sygic USA map does not included the state of Indiana...wtf? I got lost somewhere in Indiana and I pulled out Sygic for a route home then....NOTHING. Ovi maps did one good today.... I am emailing Sygic on this matter.
wasn't that "Interstate 60" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_60? wasn't that super-town Danver and you failed to get there?..

The file is added but still the Indiana map won't show up. I even re-run the setup. By the way, the original setup has a .deb while the one olighak uploaded is .exe. Anyway, it does not work...