Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by colinleroy View Post
Saturn: yes, but the only way to do that is to move the folder ~/.claws-mail/imapcache on your external memory card, and make a symlink:

mv ~/.claws-mail/imapcache /mnt/where_the_card_is/
ln -s /mnt/where_the_card_is/imapcache ~/.claws-mail/imapcache

Do that when Claws Mail is not running
Thanks a lot !!

I guess I could do the same also for the settings..
Then when I reflash the device with a different firmware and reinstall the application I will only need to replace the file with the 'lost' symlink and everything will be back to normal.

Does anybody know which file would that be?

Edit:
Can someone confirm if it's "~/.claws-mail/accountrc" ?

My linux skills are quite limited but managed to go to claws-mail folder and see the files. I noticed that the application is producing also .bak files (which is great if you run into trouble) but wouldn't that be a problem if I move the file and link it?

I will give it a try and see what happens!

Thanks again for the great application.

Last edited by Saturn; 2007-04-01 at 01:58.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Hi, promising program...

After setting up an IMAP account I had second thoughts and deleted it...
The problem I am having now is when I attempt to set up a new POP account the wizard starts, I can and do input into all the menu fields, but when I finish, the app reports that "The default inbox folder does not exist" and does not let me proceed.

When I cancel no info is saved but the app opens to the folder view where a folder for the previously deleted account remains. If I attempt to change the current account, no accounts are listed.
A restart opens the new account wizard and then it's deja vue all over again.

I have uninstalled the app numerous times however, when I reinstall, the previous account folder shows up again with no associated account information.
Remove the whole ~/.claws-mail directory and start from scratch, it should help. I'll see if I can come up with something to make this easier.

Am I right in that it doesn't support IMAP over SSL? It seems to try to connect on port 143, while IMAP over SSL would be port 993.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
from what I know it does support it (you have to configure it in a different tab)
Fred

Ok got it working. Maybe it's just me, but I had to delete the account and start all over to get to the correct ssl tab. Anyway, apparently it got set up correctly, at least I could see all of the folders on my imaps server. But it wouldn't show the unread message there. And it crashed when I tried to send a message.. and also when I clicked on any of the folders. For now I'll continue to use the built-in email..

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Ok got it working. Maybe it's just me, but I had to delete the account and start all over to get to the correct ssl tab. Anyway, apparently it got set up correctly, at least I could see all of the folders on my imaps server. But it wouldn't show the unread message there. And it crashed when I tried to send a message.. and also when I clicked on any of the folders. For now I'll continue to use the built-in email..
Could you make a test run (opening INBOX and quitting), and mail me the ~/.claws-mail/claws.log file ? colin@colino.net

Thanks!

Done. claws-mail dies when I click the inbox. Before that the view looks as expected. NB: The server (imap) uses subfolders.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by jlbrd View Post
Hi,
[*]In folders list, your new account appears. Tap-and-hold on it then choose "Subscribe to newsgroup..."[*]After a long time the groups appear

Regards,
jlbrd
Yes that's what I figured out, but tapping and holding seems to have no effects at all

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
Yes that's what I figured out, but tapping and holding seems to have no effects at all
Did you install the latest version from https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=223 ? the previous ones didn't handle tap and hold...

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
I just wanted to jump in and say the program is working AWESOME on my N800. This is what I've wanted for SO long. I've used IMAP for years now and won't use a client unless it supports it. The default Nokia client is simply unusable.

I'm using IMAP over SSL, and I just did the symlink trick to put all my mails on the SD card. Its very cool that it supports downloading all the e-mails like IMAP is supposed to do.

I did have one question. The 'syncronise' is always greyed out for me. I've looked through all the options everywhere and I'm stumped. I can just keep downloading all the messages by tap and hold. But I was wondering if there's another easier way to do this.

Also, I had to add a mistral repository to get it installed on the N800. I really didn't want to do that but the most recent version wouldn't work withoug libaux or something like that.

Any place I could offer a donation for this great client to keep the development work going?