Originally Posted by dbl2010 View Post
I just bought a brand new N900 and it is shipped. Because I was excited while I am waiting this new baby, I came here to check what is going on.

But here I see unhappy, frustrated user community. Lack of software support/update, lack of response from Nokia officials . I am an long/loyal Nokia user. Currently I own an N95 8GB, I had 2 Nokia's before. I still believe Nokia is leading cell phone company, but obviously it falls behind these days especially on software side but I hoped N900 will be a solution.

I am very disappointed after spending several hours here and reading responses. Should I return my N900?

Please advise, I'd appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Dbl

same here but i would suggest u to please wait till pr1.2 comes out i hope everything will be fine...........

The Following User Says Thank You to maheshwararaju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Seriously?

Wow.

Why did you buy it in the first place? Has that changed? If so, then by all means, return it. Has your reason for buying it remained the same since you ordered it? Then keep it.
He's right, don't change your opinion just because you came across whining little babies who expected something else.
If you ordered it, you must have liked the impression the N900 gives, so do NOT ever change your mind in life, because of other opinions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to God For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by God View Post
He's right, don't change your opinion just because you came across whining little babies who expected something else.
If you ordered it, you must have liked the impression the N900 gives, so do NOT ever change your mind in life, because of other opinions.
yeah, i agree......in the end, its still your choice to get it, not others

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Well when you purchase something, you have an assumption:"The device will work properly."

What I saw here, made me feel that, that assumption is not fully right. But how wrong? Thats what I am trying to measure here with all your helps.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by dbl2010 View Post
Well when you purchase something, you have an assumption:"The device will work properly."

What I saw here, made me feel that, that assumption is not fully right. But how wrong? Thats what I am trying to measure here with all your helps.
The device is perfect. The only problem is the people who can't control such device and make mistakes which lead into problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to God For This Useful Post:
I think u should keep it as well. You got it for a really good price and the phone has a lot of potential. Most of the people on here who are complaining I feel are complaining because they came on here and read rumours, waiting for pr 1.2 etc.

If you look at what the phone can do currently and like what you see and consider/compare it to other handsets around the price range you paid for it and this one comes up top then keep it.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
there is no wrong in changing an early decision if your better informed after that....do remember the 380 bucks is from your pocket and u have a choice to get the best from that

Originally Posted by resplendent2209 View Post
Wow that's cheap man. Where did you get that deal?

I got mine for 464USD
I bought it from Dell, with some coupon code + 5% Bing cashback + Nokia's $50 eartday fliwswap rebate.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
That's the price which suites N900 as of now

Im rellay happy with my n900. use it mostly for browsing and music via the fm transmitter in the car etc. Does any other phone have transmitter? Im not into apps at all, any info I want is on the internet. I have never used a android device but its tempting to get one just to try it out. Only android device for me would be the motorola droid/milestone because of the keyboard. Dont know if it measure up to n900 though, anyone with experience on that?

As for keeping it or returning it I would tell you to keep it and stay calm. Dont really understand what the negative fuzz comes from. Its a phone that handles internet perfectly. As a simple user you wont be unhappy.