Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I personally like the Galaxy Virtual Keyboard though. I think that what Maemo5 keyboard should be like. Long press for Number and sWipable.

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Afew more notes after using it for bit:

Camera sucks in low light compared to n900 but it foes do 720p video. In full light pictures are comparable.

Has tv out duplicate mode although playing the included avatar movie gave tv out npt supported supposedly becUse of drm

I c an t type as we'll
On this thing either

Web surfing is quite fast.

IREALLY miss the n900 method of just clicking blank area to go back. Hate having to hit a specific spot everytime
the lack of flash is truly dissapointing, wonder why they just didn't add some dual led's

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
back on n900 now so i can type thes replies faster.

one odd thing is that when i went in to the store the rep wanted to change my data plan to an android one??? i was like whatever just give me the phone, dont touch my account(i was paying retail)

sure enough i got home and popped in same sim from n900 and internet worked fine straightaway.

weird
by chance do you have the 5.99 tzones plan?
i'd be willing to pay full price if i was able to stay with my t-zones plan

if i were you i'd check your data plan on tmo website, sometimes they upgrade you automaticly when they detect an android phone/smart phone

Last edited by bxbomber; 2010-07-16 at 02:48.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
This one is a waste with a 5Mp camera Without any sort of flash. Why on earth would you built a phone without flash now a day? Epic failure!

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Picked up a Vibrant (T-Mobile's Galaxy S) and am absolutely loving it so far. The one thing that would make it perfect however, would be the ability to dual boot with Maemo! Why oh why can't there be an n900 with this form factor

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Galaxy A S S

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

man, i actually tried this phone out yesterday at a Radio Shack and boy i am VERY impressed with what samsung did. The screen alone is a selling point. The phone is VERY light and feels like you are holding a paper. If only this phone had a Front Facing Camera i would have bought it. Ohh this phone was very fast!

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
This one is a waste with a 5Mp camera Without any sort of flash. Why on earth would you built a phone without flash now a day? Epic failure!
Is it that big a failure? I mean, most cellphones have flashes that can get you crappy pictures at best.

Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
man, i actually tried this phone out yesterday at a Radio Shack and boy i am VERY impressed with what samsung did. The screen alone is a selling point. The phone is VERY light and feels like you are holding a paper. If only this phone had a Front Facing Camera i would have bought it. Ohh this phone was very fast!
I own galaxy s and can fully recommend it. It does get lag spikes time to time, but when this gets 2.2 the speed will be more than amazing.

Things i don't like is the total lack of flash(in browser), but again hoping for that 2.2. Build quality is pretty weak. N900 at least got metal and feels sturdy. Plus i just can't get me to love the virtual qwerty.
All that said it's amazing phone.

Thought looking at buying the meego phone next to it this year.

after using the vibrant variant of the galaxy S for the past three days, I just have to go back to my n900 for daily work use. I will keep the vibrant for surfing on wifi at home tablet style as well as media player/gamepad for the kids.

here are my pros and cons for n900 vs vibrant from MY OWN viewpoint and use case:

Vibrant wins:
screen is almost unbelievable

browsing over wifi or 3g is way faster at rendering, zooming to divs and spans works better, as does reflowing sites that don't even support it

email client is way better

for most text entry either the andoid keyboard or the swype one are great.

video recorder does 1280x720

phone dialer/app is better

office suite is free and better

interface is very fast and super smooth

market works way better than ovi store

n900 wins:

always connected, whether rtcom or pidgin, there is nothing I found in android that can keep me connected to my xmpp server basically no matter what. I tried all of the xmpp or jabber clients I could find in market. Also contact shortcuts on desktop with availability indicator i now know is very valuable timesaver

multitasking, I just like the desktop style multitasking of n900 better. I am sure there are third party task managers in android that might be able to replicate some of that, but I prefer it at a lower level than an app.

ssh sessions in xterm are WAY faster for me with a hardware keyboard. i tried various of the available android ssh clients and nothing clicked for me

n900 has dual led flash that can also be used as a flashlight. I use the flashlight a surprising amount

syncml support is better and free(syncevolution)

no angry birds for android yet, at least.

while the android market works way better, for me, having apt and understanding what is going on behind the scenes I like better.

Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
t
by chance do you have the 5.99 tzones plan?
i'd be willing to pay full price if i was able to stay with my t-zones plan

if i were you i'd check your data plan on tmo website, sometimes they upgrade you automaticly when they detect an android phone/smart phone

No, I already had smartphone data, but they switched it to android data, same price.

The smartphone data did work in the android phone and then it didn't after about a day, so I switched to android data and now it works in both andoird phone and n900. Same epc.tmobile.com so i don't know what the difference is, probably some google spying

I don't really care about trying to get some kind of super cheap plan, I would just like if you have data, it works in any phone no matter what. I like to swap sims in phones all the time.