Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
There is a successor, its called the Caanoo.
It's not much of a successor to Wiz. It's just it's younger brother.
Much like N810 is for N800.

I'm waiting for a real next generation of GP2X.
With OMAP4, OLED HD-like resolution screen, multitouch, etc.

So I think an N97 slider (more L+R finger room!) with gaming controls is pinnacle.
I don't agree.
I love the original PSP experience with all the controls on the sides and hate the PSP-mini experience. The slider just hurts my hands.
In normal mode of operations the device should be a bulky block you just hold in your hands.

So would there be interest if lets say someone (could be me, depending on my time schedule, or someone else) made a snap on controller that had 4 face buttons and a D-Pad (And maybe an analog stick as well) for the N900?

It could probably work via Bluetooth or USB

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
On a side note, dedicated buttons/game controls is always better than something in the form of a GameGripper. Why? The actual feel of the buttons (get that correct click) and endurance (severe button mashing is welcomed) on a dedicated setup.
I disagree with "always". I think a slide-on gaming accessory could be done just as well as a built-in design.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
@Kangal

Where are the electronics schematics and PCB layout? Get those together then we'll talk.

@Texrat

The thing about the slide-on accessory is that I won't always have it on me (while my phone I will) and it will obviously by its nature be larger than the phone, or at the very least be a pain to carry around so I won't. Chances are it will just get left at home, and it its at home, I'll just use my Xbox.

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
So would there be interest if lets say someone (could be me, depending on my time schedule, or someone else) made a snap on controller that had 4 face buttons and a D-Pad (And maybe an analog stick as well) for the N900?

It could probably work via Bluetooth or USB
You might aswell buy Sony SIXAXIS / DS3.

Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
Where are the electronics schematics and PCB layout?
See: http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/company/design.htm

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
@Texrat

The thing about the slide-on accessory is that I won't always have it on me (while my phone I will) and it will obviously by its nature be larger than the phone, or at the very least be a pain to carry around so I won't. Chances are it will just get left at home, and it its at home, I'll just use my Xbox.
Sure. But those aren't showstoppers for everyone. And given that mobile devices are increasingly used in the home and are coming with features like 5.1 sound and HDMI, in a few years the Xbox is going to have some interesting competition.

Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I don't agree.
I love the original PSP experience with all the controls on the sides and hate the PSP-mini experience. The slider just hurts my hands.
In normal mode of operations the device should be a bulky block you just hold in your hands.
I never owned a PSP, and never liked the device itself, but I must agree it is the best handheld, but I do think the fold up design of the DS is certainly practical.. it allows for more than just one way of use (resting on table, using at angles without bending wrists etc). I'm 6'4" with massive hands so I'm probably not the prime target of handhelds, however :P

And since Nvidia already demonstrated laptop-shaped "docking station" for the mobile device (where touch screen takes role of the touchpad), there may not be laptop, netbooks, MIDs etc. anymore in a few years.