Active Topics

Poll: Are you going to test the DiabloTurbo beta?
Poll Options
Are you going to test the DiabloTurbo beta?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
People!

Help me!

I was going to test again the almost beta release of DiabloTurbo in my n810, but it doesn't run the script! In another times it run, but after this reflash not anymore.

Something to do? Different way to chmod it?

Help!

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Hey There!

The DiabloTurbo Alpha 0.4 is now released, and it don't cause reboot loop or something like that as solves this problem and prevent.

Bad news: This script, i don't know why, coudn't run in my N810, but my N810 coudn't run anything, so... Try you people. If someone find something wrong in the source, send me a PM, please.

Remenber, this is alpha, and nothing is Promiss that will work, even the Better performance. But you'll take the risk, i guess (But isn't a risk!)

Best Regards!

Alpha! Dunnot complain to me!

Look in atachments, is a .zip that contains a .deb package and a .sh script. The .sh is better.

Thanks for testing
Attached Files
File Type: zip DiabloTurbo-Alpha-Files.zip (1.8 KB, 114 views)

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuliobaars For This Useful Post:
Umm I hope you are checking your PMs. Everything other than echos are commented out. LOL. I think you need some sleep. Gonna fix your mistakes and package it up. haha.

Last edited by linuxeventually; 2010-07-22 at 06:11. Reason: I should stop accusing people of being on crack

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
Oh BTW in that PM I forgot it needs to be chmod'd recursively as 755 not 777.

Untested (but at least it's a proper deb package).

Attached.
Attached Files
File Type: deb diabloturbo_0.1.deb (4.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: gz diabloturbo_0.1.tar.gz (4.6 KB, 92 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
I'm gonna watch some Futurama now but it occurs to me that I should include my 'lil script debian packaging technique.

Anyway, here's a quick primer:
You'll want to download my example control and rules files and edit them to your needs.
DEBIAN/control:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Bs3fRRGs
DEBIAN/rules:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=z0TyUCR4

You take diabloturbo.sh (if you want it to autorun the script on install then this will be a little different, this method will just allow the user to run the script)
0.) Save the files listed above
1.) mkdir diabloturbo_0.1
2.) cd diabloturbo_0.1
3.) mkdir -p usr/bin/
4.) cp ../diabloturbo.sh diabloturbo_0.1/usr/bin/diabloturbo
5.) chmod +x diabloturbo_0.1/usr/bin/diabloturbo
6.) mkdir DEBIAN
7.) cp ../control DEBIAN/control
8.) cp ../rules DEBIAN/rules
9.) cd ..
10.) chmod -R 755 diabloturbo_0.1
11.) dpkg-deb -b diabloturbo_0.1
12.) mv diabloturbo_0.1.deb diabloturbo_0.1_armel.deb
13.) ta-da.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I use browser switchboard and switched to opera which is great, but still has a few killer caveats. Accessing the root jjfs2 (tired might be wrong) is impossible cause of thne hidden things. I use microb when I need light flash, as flash runs god awful. I'll still never support iOS though
Anyways I'll wait a bit after a beta is out to see if anything goes south. Don't wanna reflash.
Also I have to reboot like every 2 or 3 days cause of program lockups, stuff not fixing itself (microb and browserd screwing with each other was a huge one in the past). This will play ok with the community SSU, right?
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Dear tuliobaar,

At first, thanks for your efforts. I voted "Maybe" as I am a little afraid of reinstalling all the programs. However, a little more speed is worth some risks. So in conclusion, I'll follow you and than, one day, I am giving it a try.

Thanks again,
icke

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
As my n810 is my only PC for a few months I don't want to broke it so I will not test your package, sorry. But good luck!

People, people! Relax! You don't have to be guilty!
Try what you want! My N810 is completely useless after installing the alternative flashing! But i've tested, good app, need some bugfixes,

When the stable version release, you'll give a try, I'm sure.

Best Regards for all.

Thanks god I could sleep more than 2 hours this morning... I have had so much work these days... Now i'm in vacation!

Thanks for all

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
What a funny script!

First, I advise against all those random sysctl changes. See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=93

Second, you don't save the sysctl changes to /etc/sysctl.conf, so next reboot all changes are lost.

Third, changing swap size to 256 MB has zero impact in performance. Given the N8x0's RAM size, it may be even worse when running certain programs (*cough* firefox *cough*) that can cause swap hell. You simply end losing at least 128 MB of valuable internal mmc storage.

And fourth and worse of all, you download a rc.d script from someones server, which from a security POV is a complete disaster (I'm refraining from saying worse things). No doubt the server's owner is a nice guy and won't do anything evil, but why download a startup script from somewhere when it should be simply included in the deb package?

And then, after creating the rc2.d link you remove it!!! And what's the purpose of the last sleep sentece? Look like it is doing something while it just waits some time?

The only thing good you actually do is disabling metalayer-crawler, though you do not warn about the consecuences (losing mediaplayer playlists)

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post: