Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
i wouldn't say love just yet... i more lust after open source for the mo, she prances round in her open source little black dress, gets me excited, then i find out the underwear is still closed source and i'm ultimately disappointed.

Ohhh you!!! naughty naugthy lmoa!

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
How are others handling this situation?
I'm expecting my Dell Streak delivery on Wednesday.

My Next Phone Will be Nokia N7 with built in Shaver,Nokia and Gillet is working on this shaverphone.

Probably getting the PSP Phone's successor (since I'm planning on keeping my N900 for at least two years).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
After my (admittedly short..) experience with Nokia and the N900, my next phone will most certainly not be Nokia, or based on any software that Nokia is backing.

Nokia certainly had a chance to make an impact in the smartphone market, but their marketing department must have fallen asleep. I would rather support the tremendous efforts of Google/Android than give Nokia another cent of my money and watch them squalor it away on ???

The Following User Says Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
give Nokia another cent of my money and watch them squalor it away on ???
they used your notes as toilet paper

But what about
http://www.aavamobile.com/specs.php

I dont know much about this and really dont understand it either but I think it can play WOW

I can't find anything that can do what the N900 can do right now. I discover new things to do on it everyday. I've been thinking of making the leap to android but their phones still dont have the hardware the N900 has. nitdroid and meego should hold me over with something new to try out until a new phone is announced with the hardware/software upgrade I want

Until Nokia redeem themselves with fairly decent meego support on the n900 I'm considering a android or even an iphone 4 if I could find a bluetooth keyboard case for it and a decent stylus..

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
With any luck it'll be a 5" bezel-less WUXGA QWERTY that syncs with Outlook and Thunderbird/Lightning, edits .xls files, and downloads podcasts, inter alia.

The Following User Says Thank You to RWFarley For This Useful Post: