Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post

Edit .: Well, solution to the mmc1 problem was simple, just open the backcover, it will umount the sdcard ( you can do that on xterm too ),
and install it normally via xterm or app manager.
else you can just create dir /media/mmc1/roms

for bios, it must be extracted to be validated ok

Last edited by kybo; 2010-11-26 at 13:59.

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
kybo can you play in full screen ? i only have in full screen, the letters, but display with game in small screen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it run like you, I have not find how to change it

does your keyboard working ?

I have read in /home/user/.gngeo/gngeorc that for mapping key we must press F4....

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
i play with ps3 gamepad with sixaxis installed. yes your image are equal that in my n900

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by samipower View Post
the big problem i think are that the emulator doesn`t know gngeo executable file.

if this will run well , emulator will run secure.
Yes, exactly what I am having here. The other 2 are green, can somebody help me with it?
Attached Images

Originally Posted by pcekper View Post
I have a working version of gngeo that I compiled myself, the full screen works, but when there is some osd on the screen (like volume control) or also screen power save it just segfauls, I am sure that is related to the sdl, but not using fs works pretty stable, anyone interested?

PD: forgot to say that the controlling the game works with a modified .gngeorc file
Can you get us your working version? Also the .gngeorc file. A youtube video would be good too. Thanks to the author of this app, even tough I haven't get this to work.

Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Can you get us your working version? Also the .gngeorc file. A youtube video would be good too. Thanks to the author of this app, even tough I haven't get this to work.
It is a binary, I have the hacked sources some where for it to be able to compile, it is version 0.7.

To install:

tar -xvzf gngeo-0.7-n900-binary.tar.gz -C /home/user

It will create a folder gngeo along with .gngeo/gngeorc (check this file for key map)

Roms go at /home/user/MyDocs/roms

To execute, open a terminal and run: gngeo/bin/gngeo <romname>

Full screen fails often, I have to check this, lately I am without any time to merge code. Windowed mode works fine (default in configuration)

Video:

Package:
http://rapidshare.com/files/44337955...-binary.tar.gz

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage this software may provoke

Last edited by pcekper; 2011-01-19 at 10:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pcekper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post
Well, for people having problems with the bios just google neogeo bios, the first results should already help you, just unzip and go to the folder you unziped with the app itself, and you will be alright.
It seems that gngeo only recognizes maemo neogeo roms, and not neoragex roms. ( read this on a gp2x forum, if anyone can confirm. )
For the executable, I still didn`t find the good solution, and the deb Kybo offered, I can't seem to install it, giving me error while setting ownership of media/mmc1/roms.
If I can't get this to work, i will try compiling the emulator myself, as much of the work is already done anyway...

Edit .: Well, solution to the mmc1 problem was simple, just open the backcover, it will umount the sdcard ( you can do that on xterm too ),
and install it normally via xterm or app manager.

Edit2.: Ok got it to work, will test and give feedback on any edition of files if needed or so.
Thank you man, I removed backcover of n900 and then could install the gngeo, got my microsd corrupted, but a reboot and reinserted memcard worked. Now, am having problems with keys, there's no start key, we need to wait fortunately after 30 seconds after coin inserted the game starts. coin key is 'Up' on ps3 controller and C button is Select, directional is ok, even that everytime I press up I put 1 more credit, can somebody explain me how to remap keys, think is on genorc file, but don't know exactly how to do it. I would like to have A B C D on square triangle X circle , coin on select and start on start.
Also would be just marvellous if the screen play was bigger or fullscreen, those touchscreen buttons helps, better than no buttons at all, but it just feels strange me playing on ps3 controller and on N900 screen at the same time. Will upload a video tomorrow on Youtube. Thanks to the autor of this emulator, much better than mame.

Problem is on N900 we don't have F4 key as far as I know.

Originally Posted by pcekper View Post
It is a binary, I have the hacked sources some where for it to be able to compile, it is version 0.7.

To install:

tar -xvzf gngeo-0.7-n900-binary.tar.gz -C /home/user

It will create a folder gngeo along with .gngeo/gngeorc (check this file for key map)

Roms go at /home/user/MyDocs/roms

To execute, open a terminal and run: gngeo/bin/gngeo <romname>

Full screen fails often, I have to check this, lately I am without any time to merge code. Windowed mode works fine (default in configuration)

Video:

Package:
http://rapidshare.com/files/44337955...-binary.tar.gz

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage this software may provoke
I saw your video on Vimeo. It looks good, but on my N900 the screen is very small, please can you help me to get it fullscreen like yours and a way to remap keys? I have tried many times and got nothing´have modified the gngeorc file, I am doing something wrong, it is very complicated for me, do I need a PC to do this?