Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
btw, the N900 was the best specced device on the market when it came out
More false fanboy pedddled BS. I don't think its resistive touchscreen, lack of compass and gargantuan weight and dimensions really set the world alight.

The HD2 was better for a start.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-09-09 at 21:25.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
That's a load of crap. No specs have been announced. No device has been announced either.

btw, the N900 was the best specced device on the market when it came out and it still holds its own against the competition a year later.
That's true, and if you want to have the ultimate top notch device with the latest hardware, you would have to buy a new device every 3 or 4 months. One reason for this is Android, as manufacturers have to do something to make their latest flagship device to stand out from the competition. Usually this means just improving the hardware specs, as they all are using the same Android OS.

In general I don't mind if N9 comes a bit later than it was thought. It isn't necessarily that bad for N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
More false fanboy pedddled BS. I don't think its resistive touchscreen and gargantuan weight and dimensions really set the world alight.

The HD2 was better for a start.
Unfortunate about that whole Windows Mobile thing, eh?

Unfortunate about that whole Windows Mobile thing, eh?
Unfortunate indeed but still true. Fast forward to now and it is still a better device with Android 2.2 and USB host working as good as native, shame eh?

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
shame eh?
Not really, just means the users get more out of their device than they otherwise would.

Doesn't make me hate the N900, and I don't think I'll ever be jealous of an Android device so long as it, you know, runs Android.

But go ahead, wage your Nokia hate campaign. TMO needs more of it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Samsung is coming out with dual-core chips for mobile devices... and the lack of HDMI doesn't make me agree with the best spec'd device... Although no disrespect, the N900 is still the best device out there, but it is getting a bit hardware outdated... And yes i would buy out a device every 4-6 months, cuz im obsessed with technology, lol, but until now nothing rivals the N900 other than the N9. I feel in love with Maemo, and cannot go with Android or Symbian

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Indiana, USA
I have an HD2 and it is probably one of the worst phones high-end phones I have ever owned. Poor audio, mediocre RF radio, poor battery life, poor build quality. The only good things about it are that big screen, it's thiness, and that HTC/WinMo can do a proper Bluetooth implementation. My N900 is a much better piece of equipment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aztekker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
the original news source came from a Swedish site, eldar only came out with is stuff b/c ppl discussing the story from Sweden.
I still believe we will see a device released in December.
Eldar also came out with some other BS like nokia had no money to develop Symbian^4 and MeeGo at same time so one will be late, No money what a load of crock, also its two different teams its not like one team does both and they all working for one platform at the moment.
BTW Eldar replied to someone few hours later they will show the device but not deliver to market this year, honestly how can anyone believe this guy he changes mind daily based on whats in press, he just wants to be important.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aztekker View Post
poor battery life, poor build quality.
The build quality of the HD2 is excellent IMO. The battery life is fine as well relative to a power sapping display.

My N900 is a much better piece of equipment.
If you are implying the above points are in comparison to the n900 you need your head checked.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-09-10 at 00:54.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well the thing about the N900 isn't even the specs, its what all you can do with the device. Plus web-browsing is still nearly completely unrivalled.

I think Nokia has so much riding on their MeeGo device, that it makes sense that Nokia would want to perfect it before releasing it out for the public to see and talk about. So thinking like this, a no-show at Noka World would seem acceptable.

But what would then be the other suitable announcement date and place? The MeeGo Developer Summit? I doubt it, not enough press value, not a venue big enough to introduce the world to the future of Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post: