Poll: What do you think
Poll Options
What do you think

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Buy all three. won't make you happy and you are back on the same spot again asking about advice for six other phones.

My advice is stay where you are.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Let me throw my hat in the ring sorta speak. I love my n900 period. But I will be getting the tmobile G2 when it drops as a "back up" phone sorta speak. I know all my friends was like what you jumpping ship to android? I was like no just going to have two boats lol. While I love the n900 and it will always be my favorite phone. The lack of support & lacking phone features has taken its toll these days and honestly I just needs an phone that works. I can't go back to winmo or the paper os blackberry wont cut it and me ma has an iphone she bearly use that I bought her so one iphone user in the family is enough lol. So imma give android another shot since I do miss the G1 from time to time. But believe you me my N900 will still be with me and used a lot. And before people say it "wait for meego" before getting a phone well thats just what imma do imma wait for meego to be out in the wild before I even consider getting an meego device. This time around its going to be show and prove with Nokia first before I get another Nokia device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Buy all three. won't make you happy and you are back on the same spot again asking about advice for six other phones.

My advice is stay where you are.
I agree, maemo development has really started kicking off these last couple of months, I'm waiting until the next gen of meegos come out before I upgrade and in the mean time, stay very content with the qwerks of having a handheld pc first, phone second.

Mario64 on a n900 played with a ps3 controller, full speed with sound!

Need I say more?

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Totally! Android is TOTALLY boring with that lame app store and thousands of apps to do anything from check your heart rate with the CMOS phone sensor all the way up to an actual, useful and maintained turn-by-turn navigation app. It's not as fun as that N900, clearly.
Well, obviously Android is so boring, and the apps so lame that you have to be on this board to have some "fun". Proves my point.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ TORONTO
Buddy technology keeps on changing as do the features as well. It would be stupid if you had bought a new phone now. Why dont you save your money until a new technology for mobile phone comes out and then buy it otherwise, it is just a waste of money.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by Amandeep View Post
Buddy technology keeps on changing as do the features as well. It would be stupid if you had bought a new phone now. Why dont you save your money until a new technology for mobile phone comes out and then buy it otherwise, it is just a waste of money.
What you fail to understand is with technology once you bought it. It was already outdated. The OP issue is he wants/needs a new phone for now not whats just around the corner and with most phone delays getting a phone right now wouldn't be a bad move IMO.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
Well, obviously Android is so boring, and the apps so lame that you have to be on this board to have some "fun". Proves my point.
When arguing, there's a difference between something that sounds compelling and something that is valid. It's possible to both enjoy Android and visit this forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Pleaseeee Android really is boring (no sarcasm). It looks like iOS for people who think they finally understand smart phones. Sure it is a good OS but it lacks the *zing* that Maemo made me feel. And from what i've seen of Meego - im bracing myself for another ZING MOMENT

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
It's possible to both enjoy Android and visit this forum.
Common sense say that if you enjoy Android, then you would do it with your Android buddys in an Android forum. But, technically you are correct of course.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
Common sense say that if you enjoy Android, then you would do it with your Android buddys in an Android forum. But, technically you are correct of course.
Sure, this is plausible... But consider this: I, like many other here owned a maemo device. I've been coming here for years, have developed some meaningful friendships, and generally enjoy conversing with other maemo members. Although I intend to buy an Android device (the Samsung Galaxy Tab), it is certainly no substitute for this wonderful place where I have partially made a home for myself.

So I continue to frequent these golden threads -- to share pieces of my mind and to accept pieces of others' -- despite the planned move to embrace Android as my mobile OS.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2010-09-22 at 19:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post: