Active Topics

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
moisture is manufacturers free pass ticket. if your device has gotten moisture, all warranties break no matter what happends to your phone. moisture is a sign that you have used your device outside allowed conditions (temperature and moisture, can be found in manual)
Or their free pass to not honour warranty. Seems very easy to say there is moisture damage as a way of getting out of warranty. As far as I am aware the usb port issue has nothing to do with moisture.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Jay92 View Post
How much will I have to pay A Nokia Repair Centre to Fix my Nokia N900's usb??

As I have been told it is not covered in my warrenty
Try again it IS covered by warranty

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
It is covered, just had mine repaired under warranty took 5days in total with UPS transit. ; )

The Following User Says Thank You to Missingbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
Thank GOD mine is not broken, but if Nokia is not fixing what clearly seems to me as a design fault how can nokia expect customers to buy any other nokia devices in the future????????
...and so we come to the BIGGEST, number one, reason why I havent bought an N900 and, despite even the occasional temptation after price drops, I still won't buy one. I'm glad I didn't, considering all sorts of things that have come out of the N900 experience (defects, price, support, etc.).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,196 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
...and so we come to the BIGGEST, number one, reason why I havent bought an N900 and, despite even the occasional temptation after price drops, I still won't buy one. I'm glad I didn't, considering all sorts of things that have come out of the N900 experience (defects, price, support, etc.).
Why would you not buy one second hand, without waranty, so that you are "allowed" to open it and fix or improve that USB port yourself?
I have seen used N900's for the price of a 2008 E71 these days.

I m still glad I got a wife even after defects, price and support issues and my Nokia N900 still is my second love.

Seriously how much could a NSC charge for half an hour hour work to fix the USB? 50 USD? Does anybody know?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Why would you not buy one second hand, without waranty, so that you are "allowed" to open it and fix or improve that USB port yourself?
Because I'd rather buy something made right, for a start.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Or their free pass to not honour warranty. Seems very easy to say there is moisture damage as a way of getting out of warranty. As far as I am aware the usb port issue has nothing to do with moisture.
that is what I meant.

for example with some DSLRs ads say that coolest guys shoot photos with them in antarctic, though the circumstances go atleast 10 degrees off the limits manufacturer gives for it...

the moisture detectors are pretty sensitive and the moisture can come from your sweatty pocket. so it is pure bad luck in real life if they find signs moisture inside, it could happend to anyone really carrying the device in a pocket.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Uhm offtopic blatter?

I am also really keen to know how much it will cost if Nokia stubbornly decides to not repair it under warranty, I have sent mine to Nokia today via a store.

And, (#certified) Nokia care centres will not repair this issue themselves since these Nokia care centres are not allowed to do level 3 repairs as far as I have been told. Level 1 and 2 repairs are common, but USB port failure is a level 3 issue.

Please let us know if you had to repair this on your own cost!

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I went to a local nokia care spot, and they didn't ask any questions, just fixed it right away. It took 3 hours. The cost I guess, if for some weird reason it isn't covered by warranty, depends on whether the motherboard is damaged or not. If not then the repair should be pretty cheap.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Originally Posted by mece View Post
I went to a local nokia care spot, and they didn't ask any questions, just fixed it right away. It took 3 hours. The cost I guess, if for some weird reason it isn't covered by warranty, depends on whether the motherboard is damaged or not. If not then the repair should be pretty cheap.
What was the extent of the damage to your usb socket?