Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Thanks!

The icons are pulled from the theme, but since this is Qt, I really don't know where QIcon::fromTheme takes the icons from.

As for the configuration, currently there is none, but I am planning on implementing some user settings, and your idea sounds good.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Holland
I really want it, but can't install? tried it 6 times with Terminal an many reboots between them (wich ussaly works for me) no succes an alot of time tru appmanager;

EDIT;; o ****, just work for my LOL with root nothing happend also with sudo gainroot nothing, but put the file in home/user/ an than tru xterminal sudo gainroot (your code) an installed just fine, "learning moment"

EDIT 2; i also get share on Ovi Files on Ovi and some more , gonna tri to delete it some how

EDIT 3: haha got the extra bookmarks deleted! edit the Mybookmarks.xml there are 4 extra bookmarks delete the hole text (from <bookmark> tru <bookmark> that did the job for my
just wanted to say you die a great job! Thanks a lot for this app! real usefulle, home screen nice an tidy

Last edited by jbw89; 2010-11-06 at 10:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to jbw89 For This Useful Post:
Good you got it working!

Apparently u have to run dpkg -i under /home/user as root.
I did not realise this until now because I always put the file under /home/user/MyDocs/tmp/ and installed from there.

I'll update the installing instructions once I get back home.

The bookmarks are read from the MyBookmarks.xml so if you need to delete bookmarks you need to edit that file. I will think of adding a deletion feature in the upcoming releases.

Originally Posted by jbw89 View Post
EDIT;; o ****, just work for my LOL with root nothing happend also with sudo gainroot nothing, but put the file in home/user/ an than tru xterminal sudo gainroot (your code) an installed just fine, "learning moment"
Actually now looking at your screenshot I realised that the error is that you were in the wrong directory when trying to install. When going as root you are by default cd:d to /root or root home where ever that might be.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
The bookmarks should be the ones from MicroB, cause it reads the MyBookmarks.xml file. I will have to check that out.
You should not display the bookmarks in .bookmarks/MyBookmarks.xml that have <deleted>1</deleted> in them.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
You should not display the bookmarks in .bookmarks/MyBookmarks.xml that have <deleted>1</deleted> in them.
Thanks, I will have to change that one.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Excellent widget! Exactly what I always wanted - not only launch apps but also bookmarks. Few notes:

1) Installing widget with dpkg caused hildon-home and hildon-desktop crash.
2) Bookmarks listing should also traverse through bookmarks stored in subfolders.
3) When I type to get a match on app/bookmark/folders list (type-ahead matching), a little text box with letters I type should appear under the list. Also un-matched entries should be removed from the list, rather than scrolling to the first match. See how App Search Widget works as a reference.
4) Type-ahead matching should not match by first letters only. For example, when I type "vnc" I only get "VNC Viewer" but I should get "VNC Viewer" and "Presence VNC" applications listed - basically anything that has "vnc" in name. Again, see App Search Widget as a reference.
5) Some application icons on the list are broken, but I think that has been reported already.
6) Sort ASC button is pointless, entries should be sorted like that by default.

So, still few issues to iron out, but once these are gone I'm happy to replace App Search Widget with yours completely. Good job!

The Following User Says Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Excellent widget! Exactly what I always wanted - not only launch apps but also bookmarks. Few notes:

1) Installing widget with dpkg caused hildon-home and hildon-desktop crash.
2) Bookmarks listing should also traverse through bookmarks stored in subfolders.
3) When I type to get a match on app/bookmark/folders list (type-ahead matching), a little text box with letters I type should appear under the list. Also un-matched entries should be removed from the list, rather than scrolling to the first match. See how App Search Widget works as a reference.
4) Type-ahead matching should not match by first letters only. For example, when I type "vnc" I only get "VNC Viewer" but I should get "VNC Viewer" and "Presence VNC" applications listed - basically anything that has "vnc" in name. Again, see App Search Widget as a reference.
5) Some application icons on the list are broken, but I think that has been reported already.
6) Sort ASC button is pointless, entries should be sorted like that by default.

So, still few issues to iron out, but once these are gone I'm happy to replace App Search Widget with yours completely. Good job!
Thanks for your feedback!

1) This is a known issue and I am working on creating a package that the app manager will install. I would also like to promote this app to Extras, but haven't got the knowledge yet to do so.
2) I will check this. Are the bookmarks files named the same as the main bookmarks file?
3) This is a Qt issue. I am looking for a way to implement Live Search, but haven't found out yet how to do it.
4) Same as 3
5) This is an issue when the app does not have a desktop -file or the icon is not in the place where it should be. Also there is an issue when an icon is scalable, and I am working on this issue too.
6) I will reconsider the need of the sort button

The Following User Says Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
2) I will check this. Are the bookmarks files named the same as the main bookmarks file?
I don't know how it's organized internally, I just have a lot of bookmarks in my Web application organized into many folders. Your widget seems to list only those bookmarks stored in "root" folder, leaving all bookmarks stored in subfolders behind.

Originally Posted by evad View Post
I don't know how it's organized internally, I just have a lot of bookmarks in my Web application organized into many folders. Your widget seems to list only those bookmarks stored in "root" folder, leaving all bookmarks stored in subfolders behind.
Ok, gotcha, so they are in the MyBookmarks.xml file but in a different node / tag. I will check this, cheers.