Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Or that they are utterly unfamiliar about the processes that result in the software in their hands, being misled by marketing and superficial personal experiences. You know, just like when almost everyone believed and found it very logical to believe that the Earth was at the center of the universe (and flat).
Unnecessarily high standards of expectations surrounding the area of updates, whereas there really wasn't a phone that had received an update to the Flash player until... well, very recently.

Flash Lite updates don't count.

As it stands though, the part they're correct about is that the update, while shown as very possible has not yet happened.

Nor will it. Want to address anything, address that.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
im going for a galaxy tab 9am tomorrow morning, still a little unsure about it as i know nothing about android, having only gave nokia my money for the past 10 years!
lack of flash support and half baked firmwares did it,
AND ITS YOUR LOSS NOKIA as far as im concerned,
sure, ill want the n9 when its released, but if there not releasing it until it actually works properly (for a change!) thats not gonna be until 2012 at least!
also while im venting... i bought my wife an ipad recently and was blown away with the shiny polished os and the quality of the apps!
its like ive had my head in a box for the past few years!
(keeping my n900 to use as a phone still, so dont flame me too much!)

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
cfh11, thanks for informative response.

3) For example, http://rutube.ru/tracks/1111536.html...a6934dc3e855c2 won't work at all.
Videos from video.aol.com are heavilly dropping frames.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Or that they are utterly unfamiliar about the processes that result in the software in their hands, being misled by marketing and superficial personal experiences. You know, just like when almost everyone believed and found it very logical to believe that the Earth was at the center of the universe (and flat).
Attila77, what the hell are you talking about? I've made sufficient research before I bought the phone. And I bought it not because of Flash support. By the way, I am an engineer and a software developer, and I consider myself familiar with so called processes. The only reason I complain is that the lack of proper Flash support is a big disadvantage of otherwise great device. Also, stop the ********. Hardware Flash acceleration is a doable issue. I'm not asking N900 to give me a blowjob or make coffee. It's a pity if you can't comprehend the difference.

Last edited by Borgia; 2010-12-30 at 23:09.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
slender, thanks for a link to post by quole, this was informative reading.

jakiman, I'm talking about hardware-accelerated flash videos, not version spoofing.
Version spoofing still makes most sites work. (much more than 20% you claim)
I feel ya. But yeah, this has all been discussed before.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
Attila77, what the hell are you talking about? I've made sufficient research before I bought the phone. And I bought it not because of Flash support. By the way, I am an engineer and a software developer, and I consider myself familiar with so called processes.
The only reason I complain is that the lack of proper Flash support is a big disadvantage of otherwise great device. Also, stop the ********. Hardware Flash acceleration is a doable issue. I'm not asking N900 to give me blowjob or make coffee. It's a pity that you don't comprehend the difference.
So, where is that public HW accelerated Adobe ARM Linux Flash player build ? It's not like we don't want Flash10.1 on the N900 (well, as of late I kind of have second thoughts about this), but what's the point in sinking money and/or effort into something that has shabby performance and no promise of not going through the same ordeal again when the next version is released ? And as for hardware acceleration - I have the feeling that there is a lot of smoke-and-mirrors going on as to what is actually accelerated on what platform and on what devices.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
vimeo.com works great in the ipad browser, and i mean really great, awesome HD quality, i take it thats running html5 ?
not really sure what that is but seem to remember peope saying pr1.2 would bring html5 support, yet vimeo still wont work
and ipad does apparently play flash via the skyfire app, from what ive read it converts the flash video to html5 before sending it to the device, could that not be a solution for the n900?

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
This thread -> to the trash bin...
We already have one big thread about this subject - why bothering to elaborate the same things over and over in different threads? Just because the OP wanted some personal attention? Then he should go and adopt a dog or something... Why bother us?

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
jakiman, I'm talking about 1/5 of the videos which I personally want to watch.

attila77, maybe you are right and I expect too much...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
vimeo.com works great in the ipad browser, and i mean really great, awesome HD quality, i take it thats running html5 ?
not really sure what that is but seem to remember peope saying pr1.2 would bring html5 support, yet vimeo still wont work
and ipad does apparently play flash via the skyfire app, from what ive read it converts the flash video to html5 before sending it to the device, could that not be a solution for the n900?
Vimeo's HTML5 player is relatively new. It was in beta earlier in the year and the newer embedding method came a bit later - like mid-year or so.

Their move to FP10 though was almost immediate - and really frustrating. Their older video player didn't use any bit of the newer FP10 features either. Not from what I could see.

The standard browser on the N900 is marginally HTML5 compliant - I say that with some reserve since HTML5 isn't a standard as of yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
fud fud fap fap, not again!