Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Hot, isn't it?

(Some things still to be cleared out)
Indeed hot, is there a possibility of adding maps and navigations to MeeGo DE now that Nokia has chosen and different path?

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
does anyone know how messanging is done on meego?

i like how everything is using telepathy and conversation n900 ubuntu

its the same for meego?
edit: after watching the video this loosk more complete than WP7, wtf elop thinking?
Elop is seeing that as we are, it was an Intel project. MeeGo does indeed also use telepathy for its' IM backend.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
edit: after watching the video this loosk more complete than WP7, wtf elop thinking?
The "MeeGo" that Nokia is/was working on is actually more like Maemo 6 than MeeGo. I think Elop saw Maemo 6 not close enough to the "real" MeeGo, thought Intel's MeeGo should be the thing for Nokia to work on, but deemed that too immature to use as #1 platform and didn't go with it full force just yet.

I think this could be the reason for suddenly flagging a N900 MeeGo release with a green flag (MeeGo DE). They want MeeGo in-house ASAP, but will also give Maemo 6 a chance.

Could be talking out of my behind here, but I trust stskeeps to correct me where he can.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
The "MeeGo" that Nokia is/was working on is actually more like Maemo 6 than MeeGo. I think Elop saw Maemo 6 not close enough to the "real" MeeGo, thought Intel's MeeGo should be the thing for Nokia to work on, but deemed that too immature to use as #1 platform and didn't go with it full force just yet.

I think this could be the reason for suddenly flagging a N900 MeeGo release with a green flag (MeeGo DE). They want MeeGo in-house ASAP, but will also give Maemo 6 a chance.

Could be talking out of my behind here, but I trust stskeeps to correct me where he can.
I have no idea what Elop thinks. Also, please say "MeeGo.com", not Intel's MeeGo, it offends us who works on MeeGo ARM

I don't know what the reason is for the DE approval, I speculated in a thread somewhere, you can read what I thought. It's in everyone's interest to get a proper meego.com that looks, feels and tastes nice.

DE's more of a playground that may yield something remotely usable for hacker types, not a Nokia product
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
does anyone know how messanging is done on meego?

i like how everything is using telepathy and conversation n900 ubuntu

its the same for meego?
I am sorry now I being a bit offtopic but must repsonse to your comment:

well thats why Microsoft want Nokia... They want to steal the best technology from QtQuick in the software area.
History has shown it before when companys has started to work with Microsoft

With that I dont mean they actually will take Qt and make it closed but there is other ways. For example make no people/companys use Qt by spreading FUD, that includes Elop and then ripoff the best stuff and implement it in theyr OS (WP7).

To mee its obvious Elop is sponsored by Microsoft and at the moment the Nokia employers/qtconsults including some board members figting hard too convince people too continue using Qt. All those people including me knows that Microsoft is only winner if people stop make apps for Qt(Quick) on Maemo/Meego/Symbian. So its nice to see every new QtQuick app created atm :-)

/offtopic

Also nice to see the UI rewritten in QtQuick to me it seems bad idea continue handset UI cause its written in C++ and make it harder to change withourt breaking API etc.. My guess it is also far more simple make UI with QtQuick than with old QtWidgets

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-03-27 at 13:50.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I have no idea what Elop thinks. Also, please say "MeeGo.com", not Intel's MeeGo, it offends us who works on MeeGo ARM
OK I am sorry, I did try to think of a decent term to describe the two MeeGos. MeeGo.com is good.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cjp; 2011-03-27 at 14:31.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Intels MeeGo.

NOT IN THE FACE!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
has anyone been able to load it successfully on a n900?

i cannot get it on the n900.

please post your sequences if you wouldnt mind!

Originally Posted by cjp View Post

i doubt it, they named n950 a one device.
demed meego a research project, and say after it it going to move developers somewhere else.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
has anyone been able to load it successfully on a n900?

i cannot get it on the n900.

please post your sequences if you wouldnt mind!
If you have the U-Boot(for Power-Kernel) installed, you can start it easily from the microsd card. That Works 100%

Write the raw image only to the Microsd an insert them to the n900.

Tags
noobs stay away, not for noobs