Originally Posted by Shini View Post
mine doesnt work at all first time it work and somehow it doesnt detect... and then I try with my other memory cards doesnt work at all... I need help..
okay I did stop by Nokia today and they realize that my nokia's camera cover was not set correctly. The camera's cover has a small spring ping that was not set correctly...I'm able to save pictures and copy anything to my scandisk 16b memory card. Make sure you close the back cover correctly and also check you pin on the camera cover...

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
Im having the same issue, however, my kernel messages never show that the cover is closed. Where is the mechanism that detects if the cover is on/off? Im basically unable ot use any external media without this

in terminal after opening cover and then closing it plus then typing this dmesg log showed me that 7.4 gb is recognized however when I go to file manager or music it just wont find nothing....

how can i fix this?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by shinkamui View Post
Im having the same issue, however, my kernel messages never show that the cover is closed. Where is the mechanism that detects if the cover is on/off? Im basically unable ot use any external media without this
It's a magnetic switch near the camera, I swear I saw a picture where it was highlighted but can't find it now.

No matters which os you use.
The same thing happens to me also. The problem can be resolved by formatting the emc in some symbian phone, for sure you will be worried about the data in memory card so save before formatting then insert in n900. This way I make my mmc recognizable to n900

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bulgaria
Hello,
I already tried a lot of micro sd cards on my N900. None of them working and recognized !!! I tried with HC and non HC cards, with small ones /128mb/ and big ones /4gb/. How to solve the problem. Please help.

PS. I close back cover before try to search for a card.

10x in advance

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by darkheroz View Post
Hello,
I already tried a lot of micro sd cards on my N900. None of them working and recognized !!! I tried with HC and non HC cards, with small ones /128mb/ and big ones /4gb/. How to solve the problem. Please help.

PS. I close back cover before try to search for a card.

10x in advance
It could be you have a faulty back cover - I've seen at least two people on this site report this sort of issue, and that replacing the back cover fixed it. If you can, call in at a Nokia store/care centre (or whatever shop you got the phone from) and try a different cover.

CHECK that the little MAGNET in the stand is still there!

That controls if the cover is off or on.

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2010-03-04 at 10:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
there is a way to get it to work, one of the thread got it to work, but can't remember which one. do a search and you'll find the answer. Make sure the cards are brand new though. some card is funny. try test the card wih card reader and reformat it then try again.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bulgaria
where is situated this magnet ???

Tags
bum didn't search