Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by Baaart View Post
Back from my vacation and I like your improvements. Unfortunately the graphs still don't work here. But the links the program tries to open just show me the graph in the browser... I PM'ed you my log file.
Can you check if you have the package "libqt4-bearer-hotfix" installed? If not, can you install it from extras and test again?

Another option could be that once you have over 4 stocks you can scroll down to see the fifth or more.
Sorry, but I didn't get what you meant. How is this different from the current widget?

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands, The
Hehe, I never had more stocks than 4 so didn't notice that option. Nevermind my comment then.

And I didn't have the bearer hotfix, so installed Qt hotfixes which includes it. Now I got graphs! Thank you, great work!

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
marketstoday-0.3-1maemo5 has been released to extras-devel. Here is the changelog.

* Fixed the issue - Incorrect month is displayed for Updated timestamp.
* Added dependency on mcsp (for libqt4-bearer-hotfix) to fix the issue - Chart image not loading.

The Following User Says Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
I couldn't promote the previous version to extras-testing due to a build error. So, I bumped up the version to 0.3-2 without making any other changes. This version will soon be available in extras-devel and extras-testing.

Markets Today 0.3-2 is in extras-testing.

Please (test and) vote for the package here. Need 10 votes to make it to extras.

The new version fixed the date and graph problem - thanks!

My application manager still doesn't see the update. How can I best manually update the widget? Or do I have to reinstall it?

My application manager still doesn't see the update. How can I best manually update the widget? Or do I have to reinstall it?
Can you try from command line as root?

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

when on wifi I could update using the applications manager

Update: Still need 6 more votes to promote the package to extras. If you are already using the application and feel it is stable enough, please vote here.