Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Can't agree. Sandisk class 2 cards are most of the times faster that others class 6 or 10
got proof???
have you try test it???
did you try comparing 16Gb sandisk class 2 vs 16Gb A-Data class 10 on speed???
give me the benckmark as your proof so i can believe it...

You can see this thread for comparison on the performance of those cards.

Surprisingly some cheaper ones are better than the expensive ones :O

THREAD@xda

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
You can see this thread for comparison on the performance of those cards.

Surprisingly some cheaper ones are better than the expensive ones :O

THREAD@xda
wow that was a very useful thread thanks man! at least now i know that there is a difference between accessing small files and transferring large files, which depends on their class. now i'm really leaning towards the Sandisk class 4. might resort to asking my friend to ship it for me from California if i can't get it here..

and in the N900's situation, would the class effect the video recording? would a faster class make the video recording stutter or smooth? or is it the opposite?

btw the 16gb unit i bought was a class 10 unit. anyway, good luck with your hunt!

Originally Posted by Armand360 View Post
thanks for the info. the benchmark program is not as accurate as it should be?
It's not a question of accuracy, because the definition of class rating makes it impossible to prove through benchmarks that a card achieves a certain class rating. Determining the class rating requires knowledge of the internal working of the card and the builtin controller.

and is there any possibility that the card can perform even lower than it's said benchmark?
Sure. Random IO will drop any card to 32-64kbyte/s or so. Sandisk cards do best at that, in my experience, and Kingston (and clones) do worst.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
hey guys just an update on my search. i just got my Sandisk Micro SDHC 32gb Class 4 earlier today. checked it and it is as it say it is. i even checked the serial number. here is where i got it from - Accessory Geeks. unfortunately it only ships within the States, so i had to ask a favour from a friend of mine in Fresno to ship it to Malaysia. for 70USD, i guess it's alright. not sure on the warranty though. if it's a Sandisk, then the warranty should be with Sandisk itself right, and not Accessory Geeks? if any of you guys want screenshots let me know alright, i'll post it straight away.