Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It's game over for MeeGo.
says who?

are u actgually saying all linux dist is "game over" also!?

I am sure meego will be allive by geeks and embedded platforms.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
use your brains for once! its a world economy problem and ofcourse intel also has problems.

but what they actually is saying is: now the community has better chances to improve Meego in better directions. for example some stuff has gone slow progress cause thecommunity had not got a chance to implement x and y libs. or newer versions of core libs.

hopefully community can make it move faster forward now.

Would be nice to see kde plasma integrated more in meego. as an example.
What good is that if there is no hardware? Where will the compelling devices come from, now that there are no handset manufacturers backing MeeGo?

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
If I have a small company with developers what can I do to make MAEMO or MEEGO still updated?

Should I buy some rights?

Should I go to Intel or Nokia and pay them??

Can someone give me ideas of the way should I start?

regards

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
give meego to the community like they did maemo!!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
but what they actually is saying is: now the community has better chances to improve Meego in better directions. for example some stuff has gone slow progress cause thecommunity had not got a chance to implement x and y libs. or newer versions of core libs.
That's what I'm talking about!!!.

When I heard that Nokia was dropping N900, the first thing that came to my mind was also 'This is our chance!! They're letting us shine!!!'
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I'm eager to write my first amazon recession about the new Nokia Windows Phone 7 device. I hope I'm able to keep someone away from such a restricted device.

I'm sure it will be a good deed and I hope many will follow my example. Hopefully we are able to prevent a success.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
What good is that if there is no hardware? Where will the compelling devices come from, now that there are no handset manufacturers backing MeeGo?
Since when did Intel create enduser hardware?

My point is, There is. alot of android and some Nokia devices that can run Meego already.

Same way as Linux on Desktop. Where CrapWindows is replaced by Linux by many FOSS users.

Real open source development doesn't need Intel or Nokia to make cool OS:es and UI:s.

But what we need is DRIVERS for GFX cards/Wifi etc... from different manufactors. I dont think Intel will stop release opensource linux driver for they'r Wifi/GFX and I dont think TI or Qualcom just stop release theyr closed linux drivers cause of this.

I dont think Qt(Quick) dies cause IF Intel stops work on Meego. I dont think ANY opensource libs dies cause Intel stops or slows down Meego contribution.

Summary: Intel is not that important for Meego.

Intel is NOT the contributers to ARM drivers or GFX drivers from other company.

And about "Can Nokia release N9 to a dead platform" yes they can! First of Meego is not dead cause Intel changes strategy.

Intel Meego contributions != Nokias Meego Harmattan contributions. != Meego.

Again this is up to the community. But TMO is probadly not right place discuss this cause everyone here seems not intrested anyway.

Cause everyone seems to see anything in dark way...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-02 at 11:43.

I hate to have to say this but perhaps this latest announcement proves Elop was right to go WP7, although the way Android is gaining market share at present suggests even WP7 may of been the wrong horse to back.
Why was elop right? Android, wp7 and iOS are all developed by only one company. I never believed Intel had much valuable to contribute.

The lack of announcements is due to the fact that Intel doesn't yet have a viable CPU for handsets and tablets.

It makes no sense for Intel to release a good OS that can run on their competitor's ARM chips.

If and when a massive MeeGo release happens, it will only be paired with a massive release of new Intel CPU's.

I'm guessing it's actually on the hardware side where the hangups and delays are happening. If Intel had a good handset CPU, you can be sure that they would have already released and marketed a usable MeeGo setup.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Can't say that I am surprised. The lack of product announcements and deliverables seems to have building to a massive release or an announcement that things were going to slow down even further.

Let's see what the final outcome will be...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tkatchev For This Useful Post:
Since when did Intel create enduser hardware?
Since forever! Good lord, who do you think manufactures the CPU and motherboard in your enduser desktop or notebook?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tkatchev For This Useful Post:

Tags
dying?, meego, meego no-go, orphaned, rumors, unconfirmed