Active Topics

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
@zehjotkah
Will the telmap api's comply with tizen for use in app development or will they at least be made available to devs who choose to branch tizen core?
no idea.
the telmap deal was announced during the closing keynote but as far as I remember they said that they want to make it available for everyone. whatever that means...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
No i missed that. That would be truly amazing! I don't have the total scope for the work. But even so I'm skeptical about having the device in my hands before 2013. Just look at the meego project...
So as to avoid taking this thread OT...
My thoughts about assumptions that MeeGo ph was late because of Intel silicon:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m?t=1785096#r9
Feel free to respond there if you want.

Thanks for the answers.

My question:
Will Tizen hit the Nokia N9? Of course, there will be no possibility of getting an official update from Nokia, but it should be possible to get it on the N9, shouldn't it?
Yes, there will be a few updates for the N9, but I'm afraid there won't be that much apps because MeeGo is already dead. And yes: There are repositories but you'll never get apps like "What's App" by it...
So, before I get an N9, let me hear your opinion about it!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I think that yes we will see Tizen for the N9 and N950 because there is already the MeeGo Community Edition in the works. Tizen and MeeGo are very similar so it shouldn't be a lot of additional work.