I have bad WiFi reception with PR1.0, in my bedroom I get near zero bars and often drops the connection or just says connected but downloads fail part way through. My Sony Experia Arc shows low reception in same location side by side, however doesn't drop, and also manages a little better than the N9.

So much for the RF transparent polycarbonate... not sure if my unit has a problem with it's WiFi antenna because it seems that it's worse than the Sony Arc. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, with PR1.0 my Wi-Fi reception was also worse than with other phones and at work it had massive problems with the proxy setting (sometimes 2 or 3 reloads needed for actually loading a webpage).

Now with PR1.1 it's way better, also proxy stuff working like a charm.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
With mine i notice fluctuation in the signal but no problems otherwise! i'm sure previous phones always had a stable bar reading? hoping the update will help if i ever get it!

I'm also noticing reception issues. This is especially evident in weak signal area inside my work building. 3G seem to affect much more than 2G. Holding the phone differently affects the signal different. If i leave it phone flat without touching it, i constantly get 4-5 bars of signal. holding it in my hands in different ways I can make it drop down to 1 bar. as soon as i place the phone back on the table, signal shoots up again.

My only reception problem is that sometimes when I'm using the net, especially when I have the hotspot app on, it will intermittantly drop all internet connection, and then come back in a couple of minutes. Anyone else getting this?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
rexii23 & Dockman,
Make clear which PR you're using: 1.0 or 1.1.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Using 1.1 And my wifi absolutely horrible, extremely weak. Phone antenna however its fantastic, thank God I have unlimited non throttled data because I don't even bother with wifi anymore.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
it's weird because many have reported improved wifi since 1.1
Have your tried a full reset, or a full reflash even & then reset/reboot?

Oh, sorry. PR 1.1 now, but it was probably slightly worse with PR 1.0..

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
it's weird because many have reported improved wifi since 1.1
Have your tried a full reset, or a full reflash even & then reset/reboot?
Yeah I reflashed fully to 1.1 to debrand starhub and have reset many times, maybe will try a reflash to a different firmware version.